Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just adopted a 5 yr old PB Terrier, he is so great! But has a lot of skin problems and his breathing seems worst in the last few days. I know Pitts have funny breathing sounds but we have had him for 5 days and his breathing is sounding wheezy almost. Today he sounded like he was laughing in his sleep a couple of times, never heard a dog laugh in their sleep..is he laughing or having trouble breathing? He is eating, drinking but IDK. Our Shepard mix (same age) has never sounded this way.

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Welcome to the forum Judenh2. Sorry to hear about your new dog. It sounds to me like allergies but I am not a vet. I would get him into the vet ASAP and have him checked. Often the shelters that you adopt from have a vet on hand. Try calling the adoption place and asking them if there is a vet that can check him. It might be something as simple as putting the dog on Benadryl or other allergy meds but he needs to be checked out to eliminate other possible causes.

Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it's allergies as well. If he's eating and drinking normal should be fine. But get him checked out just in case

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts