Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pup that was given to my son as a gift from a byb and I have no problem taking her to the vet at all. She was the runt of the litter and is really smaller than her litter mates but I was wondering if everything turns out fine with the pup will her genetics kick in and she start to fill out like her litter mates or will she always be lagging behind b/c she was sick as a youngster

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Just because she is smaller doesn't make her sick :) she could fill out, or she could remain a peanut!

@mccoy, I was going to say the same thing! Lol, but anyway, I'd be careful about getting all these BYB puppies because who knows if one of them will have parvo

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This the same pup as before but she when I took her mom wasn't feeding anymore and the vet found coccidia hookworms and roundworms after that cleared she came down with a bad case of diarrhea maybe from the bb kibble and she didn't want to eat like normal yesterday so I took her back to the vet and got some medicine for that but she did start back eating this morning so I'm so relieved about that but trust me this is the last time I make that mistake I of just taking in a pup

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Oooooooh! I get it now :) well, I think the worst part is over. It's tough on their systems to have worms,and then go through the treatment, then get vaccinated...all around the same time.

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
Trust me worms are very hard on pups. When I got Cap'n Morgan he was bloated really bad and had awful bloody diarhhea. He had every kind of worms imaginable and fleas to top it off. After 4 trips to the vet and 5 doses of various wormer and capstar for the fleas he is all better and twice the size of his litter mates already. Although one of his litter mates is still with the crap breeder that I got him from. I would do anything to get my hands on that pup. He has potential if he is treated right. Your pup will grow into itself just give it time.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts