Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just looking for a little advice , my 4 month old pup has been sick since yesterday. I came home to him having gone number two in his crate a little and it was very runny, after I let him out still the same thing. Then a couple hours later he threw up and again like 45 minutes after that. He also woke me up around 4am wich he never does and had the runs again. He is still playful and behaving normal just seems to have an upset stomach. I don't think that he needs to go to the vet but anything I can do for his stomach ?

·
Banned
1 Posts
It's always safe to take little ones to the vet to make sure as sickness can wipe out a pup. Until you can get to the vet pedialite is good to keep him hydrated and if he will eat boiled chicken and white rice is gentle on his tummy. But please for your pups safety have him vet checked vomiting and diraherra are awful signs for sick dogs! Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
heres a link you may find helpful.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/15894-must-have-meds-dogs-owners.html
however since the pup has puked I would take him in for a check up , things can go from bad to worse very quickly when you are dealing with vomitting and diarreah , dehydration can kick in fast. Is she eating? drinking? how old is she? is she utd on all her shots? deworming? anything toxic she could have gotten into like plants, cleaners?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is 16 weeks today , he's utd on all shots and deworming. He was eating and playful still I called the vet and she said to monitor his behavior and if he got worse to bring him in. I cooked him rice and chicken and he ate and was fine. I took off of work to stay home with him for the day yesterday and besides a little diarrhea in the am he was fine. He was never like lethargic or not eating, he was still playful and eating and drinking. I think he might have ate a stick that just made him sick or something. He's never really left alone outside of his crate but he eats sticks and acorns like no tomorrow lol. Also should I keep him off of raw for a few days because of his stomach ? I feed him blue buffalo in the am and raw chicken at night but I skipped the raw and just gave him the rice and boiled chicken instead. But his stool is normal again and he's acting fine.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
He is too young for metronidazole in that link above. I would not do raw and just do kibble and see if it clears up. As long as he is drinking and no blood is in the stool see if it works it's self out. If it is not better my tomorrow consider a trip to the vet for some albon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was pretty clear yesterday , and is fine today. I'm still just giving him kibble but how long should I wait before going back on raw ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts