Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey My Pup Onyx is a very quiet dog. Doesnt bark when excited, or when strangers enter the aprtment. Only time he barks is when he see's me leave and occasionally while playing with other dogs. Was just wondering if this was a good or bad thing. I hear the silent ones are the ones you have to watch, or should i be happy he's quiet? lol

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I agree with Lisa really they are not guard dogs so they shouldn't be barking and growling at people although some do usually it's a protective or fearful thing the confident dogs usually don't my dog's only bark at other dogs not people. Now with dog aggression that's another story some will sound off and give warning and some will not most of the time they don't which makes it even more difficult to tell when they mean business which is why you should never underestimate a bulldog always be prepared for them to fight with other dogs or animals and take preventative steps to keep your dog safe.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I only have 1 out of my group is is vocal alot , occassionally there are a couple who will let out an odd bark if someone comes over or something most of the time people can knock and they wont even bark , think its a pretty common thing with this breed as mentioned above.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Bruno is not a barker at all,unless he is excited, but even then it's 1 deep "woof" and thats it.
Beia on the other hand,tends to bark at anything that goes past the window.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No im def not expecting him to be my guard dog... was just curious if this was something i should watch out for or not. thanks for the info

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Vendetta will bark at the other dogs when she is in her crate and she tends to get alittle barky when she is happy in the morning but other than that she doesnt bark at all. I love it the other dogs here more than make up for her being quite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts