Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I've been looking at Brindle pitbulls lately,cause of Beia,and I have noticed something...
All of the pictures I've seen,the dogs has some sort of white,be it on the paws or chest...However Beia has none...
Are there other pitties out there like her,or is she just an odd ball?:hammer:
I was trying to get an idea of how she will look when older.
Debating if I should get her cropped....Not likely I will,but would be nice to see what she would look like if I did.

Anyway....This might need to go in the pictures forum...not sure.:woof:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Actually if you look at show dogs and pitbulls in general MOST of them will have white toe(s) and white on the chest. I did a thread about this a long time ago. I don't often find solid dogs or dogs without any white.Many domesticated animals are piebald, completely lacking pigmentation in specific body areas.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
This is a brindle bully with no white on him at all. It's very possible as I am sure there are even other breeds with no white on them. It is very common as Holly said for domestic animals to have white on them though.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it's just uncommon to see one with no white?
So my dog is a freak. Good to know. LOL~

·
Registered
429 Posts
I wouldn't say she's an odd ball though it is uncommon. Many dogs are almost solid but have a small patch of white, I've only had a few solid Pits.

This is my dogs sister, she's chocolate brindle but close enough. Sire is also solid.
Caldwell's Tootsie Roll

Piebald is recessive to solid so a dog can carry it, though it is also said that they can interact with eachother. The incomplete dominance can lead to various amounts of white markings.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Beia is chocolate Brindle too,but I'm not 100% positive.
Kinda cool my dog isn't that common for color. I like having the "odd ones"

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I think it's mainly because people don't usually breed for solid colors. Having white is usually more flashy and it seems ppl like flash.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I have an SBT with no white at all on him. It's not all that common but I wouldn't say it's freakish.

Edit: Haha! I just noticed that on my avatar it looks like he has white on his chest. He doesn't, that's just one of Roxy's paws on him.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
We also had another pitbull here named Chump who was solid. Loved that dog! I will go find a pic of him.

Chump

·
Registered
429 Posts
Aimee I don't know, I think its because breeders don't breed against it. It's a moot point so you see white, it just happens to be passed however so from generation to generation if that makes sense. I'd say on average most Pits have a few white markings but are not heavily marked. The majority of bloodlines are that way. Some breeders might like the flash but in general the white just continues to pass on and happens more in some then in others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts