Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I would prefer a full face shot ;) It's hard to tell that small what size she could turn out to be. Usually by 4 months you can take her weight and then double it to get an idea of what her size maybe. I thought you were sure she was pit/rott? I have seen alot of that mix come out the same color as yours.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
No the thing was I wasn't positive. Cause I never seen the parents it was just what they told me
Ah, okay...you adopted her from a shelter right?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
OMG! my first thought was dauchsund when I looked at the pic quick lol! She is a cutie :). Still a tough one for me to say what she could have in her.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
sure is a cutie!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hmmm her face does not seem typical Rotti but really it is hard to say, especially when she is mixed!!! It is amazing she is loosing so much of the black she once had. I wonder if the women who gave it to you assumed Rotti because of the color?!

Again she is really adorable!!! :)

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Well, I agree that she is too young to say for sure...
But she's super cute!
I have seen German Shepherd mixes that coloration too.
Lots of black and tan breeds and mixes, hard to say for sure til she's older.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Get stool check on that pup for worms. I can clearly see ribs in pic, and she has a "pot belly," and could have hook worms and/or round worms. If you got pup at 4 weeks (WAY TOO YOUNG!!!) no way that pup was fully dewormed. Don't take word of ANYONE getting rid of 4 week old pup in a parking lot!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I understand she was way to young to separate from her mother but that wasn't my choice and yeah on Saturday, she had all her shots and I brought in a fecal sample and sadly I gotta call this morning from my vet saying she does have worms :/

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
not a big deal just gotta keep on top of the deworming at this age , With our pups we usually deworm every 2 weeks for the 1st 4 months then once a month every month till 6 months of age , then we switch to the adult schedule of deworming. Every vet may be different though but thats what we follow.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Yes I understand she was way to young to separate from her mother but that wasn't my choice and yeah on Saturday, she had all her shots and I brought in a fecal sample and sadly I gotta call this morning from my vet saying she does have worms :/
You're tellin me you were forced to go get him from a parking lot? It wasn't you who decided to go get him? You didn't get him from a breeder, and now it's your job to fix a problem you didn't create. I hope you learn and remember this, so you never repeat it, and can teach your lesson to others, before they make the same costly choice.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Did they tell you what type of worms? I just use Pyrantel which will get rid of hookworms, roundworms, at 2,4,6,8,10,12 weeks of age then monthly until 6 months of age. Then I deworm every six months after that. I also use panacur C once @ 8 weeks to get rid of tapeworms, and whipworms which Pyrantel does not kill and then I follow up with the Panacur C yearly thereafter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the info, and to Hyde ur right...it was my choice and when I talked to the lady it was either these puppies get a home or they get set to a pound, there isn't a shelter. Should these dogs have been killed because somebody else decided to be irresponsible and back yard breed two different breeds of dog. I thought i was doing a nice thing by taking in a puppy, caring for it and restoring it back to full health. But I guess people like you know what's right. Sorry for hurting ur feelings. My shoulder is here to cry on if u need it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts