Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a day at the beach swimming and running on the sand bars my pitt seems to have developed bumps all over. itching & scratching. I'm thinking sand fleas or salt water irritant or some kind of hives/allergic reaction. Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
After a day at the beach swimming and running on the sand bars my pitt seems to have developed bumps all over. itching & scratching. I'm thinking sand fleas or salt water irritant or some kind of hives/allergic reaction. Anyone have a similar experience?
I always give my dog a bath after coming home from the beach. Salt water isn't good to let sit on the coat. Maybe your dog was irritated by the sand or the water. I would give him a good bath :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
could have been green heads too, (that's what I call them) they bite horribly and usually start to come out around this time. After the bath see how it is tomorrow.

OH and just so you're not surprised, you will probably see a sandy stool's tomorrow, at least my boy does after a day playing at the beach. :) I watch him the next day to make sure things are working, just in case he doesn't pass the sand and its got blocked inside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its the salt. Was him really well and cut back on the amount of time spent in the water. Might be a bacterial issue if its more like a bay or similar but it really just sounds like sensitive skin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts