Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one for being rude, I came here on a positive note: ask for positive advice & give positive advice.

Now when someone asks for advice on anything & we give you a list of answers, examples, reasons, explanations, etc. We're trying to help you because you asked for help. Then you turn around & don't listen at all. Not only did you waste your time, you wasted ours & you might as well slap us in the face with everything...

Really, what was the point then? >_<

Reactions: apbtmom76 and Eagle

·
Banned
314 Posts
I've found in life that many people already have the answer they want to hear, and if they don't hear what they wanted, it seems to offend them....and when I find people that continually ask, but ignore what I say, I will close the door on them, since they are wasting my time. (I expect the same for myself). I seek to be a friend to those who ask my help in any thing, not just dogs, and to me, "friend" is more than a five letter word.

But I never get insulted if someone doesn't listen...they are the ones straying down the worng path. I only get insulted if I discover they were a false friend, using me....

Good point though DaiCa, got me thinking:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've found in life that many people already have the answer they want to hear, and if they don't hear what they wanted, it seems to offend them....and when I find people that continually ask, but ignore what I say, I will close the door on them, since they are wasting my time. (I expect the same for myself). I seek to be a friend to those who ask my help in any thing, not just dogs, and to me, "friend" is more than a five letter word.

But I never get insulted if someone doesn't listen...they are the ones straying down the worng path. I only get insulted if I discover they were a false friend, using me....

Good point though DaiCa, got me thinking:)
Very well said & I do agree. But there's always that one time where it's going to get to you a little because your heart was in the right place.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
just because you give someone advice, doesnt mean they have to follow it. i sometimes ask for advice intentionally from people i expect i wont agree with, just to hear another perspective on things. also, no matter your reasons, its just not realistic to believe everyone is going to agree with you. not to mention most of the advice given on here usually isnt what the people want to hear :)

·
Banned
314 Posts
Very well said & I do agree. But there's always that one time where it's going to get to you a little because your heart was in the right place.

Thank you :)
It used to get to me...it only does now if I trusted the person. Other than that, I've learned it's best not to look back. Otherwise, I'd be hitting myself in the head:hammer:

BTW, you're welcome:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair enough, most situations yes, it's nice to hear the other side of things & yes people are stubborn; thus not listening. Some peoples situations though seem questionable, thus why my frustration ^_^

Well I definitely don't trust some people lol

:)

·
Banned
314 Posts
just because you give someone advice, doesnt mean they have to follow it. i sometimes ask for advice intentionally from people i expect i wont agree with, just to hear another perspective on things. also, no matter your reasons, its just not realistic to believe everyone is going to agree with you. not to mention most of the advice given on here usually isnt what the people want to hear :)
I know very well they don't have to follow it...but I'm not a tyrant, and it's their choice.

I know most won't agree, but hey, if I know I'm right, it's their loss, not mine. But if people don't want the advice from here, they should get lost and stop wasting our time.

It's like in war, it's not who's right that matters, but who's left in the end. And when it comes to dogs, those who are wrong will find out in the end, and I won't pity one who's ignored sound advice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I know very well they don't have to follow it...but I'm not a tyrant, and it's their choice.

I know most won't agree, but hey, if I know I'm right, it's their loss, not mine. But if people don't want the advice from here, they should get lost and stop wasting our time.

It's like in war, it's not who's right that matters, but who's left in the end. And when it comes to dogs, those who are wrong will find out in the end, and I won't pity one who's ignored sound advice.
the biggest thing i notice is that on the street i run into a completely different type of pit bull owner than i do online. on the street, breeding your pit bull is pretty much expected and byb is basically unheard of. if you go into an internet forum you meet a completely different crowd and youre going to have a lot of people that have no idea what anyone is talking about hear all this stuff and think everyone is just full of it. thats just one example. i know where youre coming from and it is frustrating, especially when you know that by not following your advice there is a good chance something bad will happen.

·
Banned
314 Posts
the biggest thing i notice is that on the street i run into a completely different type of pit bull owner than i do online. on the street, breeding your pit bull is pretty much expected and byb is basically unheard of. if you go into an internet forum you meet a completely different crowd and youre going to have a lot of people that have no idea what anyone is talking about hear all this stuff and think everyone is just full of it. thats just one example. i know where youre coming from and it is frustrating, especially when you know that by not following your advice there is a good chance something bad will happen.
You're lucky then. In my area, BYB's are an everyday occurance. A town south of me banned APBT's because some wanna be city "dawg-men" started BYBing human aggressive dogs. The whole breed is suffering because of scumbags like this. The first old timer I met as a kid told me the APBT problems began in the cities where @#$% can't even take care of their own kids, let alone a dog. I see today what he was talking about. These people are helpless and hopeless. And many young people think these wanna be's know what they are doing....:confused::mad:

On the internet, I'd kept myself to private forums that are totally different than public. I tried a public forum, and it was a total turn off. I was then invited here, and I can tolerate this one. More honesty than other places.

Yeah, I wish I could say I only heard of BYB's online! You're lucky.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
I'd like to know where you live that you don't hear of BYBing, LOL. It's rampant here; my own dog is BYB.

I'm not surprised at all by the people who come here for help. Do a google search and this forum is one of the first sites to come up.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I'm not one for being rude, I came here on a positive note: ask for positive advice & give positive advice.

Now when someone asks for advice on anything & we give you a list of answers, examples, reasons, explanations, etc. We're trying to help you because you asked for help. Then you turn around & don't listen at all. Not only did you waste your time, you wasted ours & you might as well slap us in the face with everything...

Really, what was the point then? >_<
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink ;) most pit bull owners are as stubborn as there dogs or bull headed lol! However you want to phrase it. You can give the best advice in the world but people are still going to do what they want.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink ;) most pit bull owners are as stubborn as there dogs or bull headed lol! However you want to phrase it. You can give the best advice in the world but people are still going to do what they want.
:clap::goodpost::clap:

·
Registered
287 Posts
You're lucky then. In my area, BYB's are an everyday occurance. A town south of me banned APBT's because some wanna be city "dawg-men" started BYBing human aggressive dogs. The whole breed is suffering because of scumbags like this. The first old timer I met as a kid told me the APBT problems began in the cities where @#$% can't even take care of their own kids, let alone a dog. I see today what he was talking about. These people are helpless and hopeless. And many young people think these wanna be's know what they are doing....:confused::mad:

On the internet, I'd kept myself to private forums that are totally different than public. I tried a public forum, and it was a total turn off. I was then invited here, and I can tolerate this one. More honesty than other places.

Yeah, I wish I could say I only heard of BYB's online! You're lucky.
i didnt say there werent any BYB type people around here, just that no one has ever heard of the term. plenty of people breed pit bull dogs, they just dont know what BYB means :) honestly, i had never heard the term before myself until i started checking out forums. i knew some people bred better dogs than others but never heard the BYB term before.

·
Banned
314 Posts
LOL. I just started hearing that term a couple years ago myself...I used to call them far worse. Now I call 'em BYB's or PB's. BYB's breed non-papered mutts, while PB's (Pocket Breeders) breed to fill their pockets. The reason both are bad is that they do nothing to improve their dogs, and the qualty deteriorates, IMO. There's a saying, "Never trust a breeder who breeds for a living." There may be a few good ones, but rarely.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I know exactly what you mean op.Or they come on asking advice and then tell you to mind your own business if they don't like what you have to say.:hammer: That's always one of my favorite comebacks from them.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
To pretty much everyone that responded to this thread....
Know that there are still those of us out there here to honestly learn from those here that have the knowledge to share. :)

Just because everyone doesnt take the advice or info you gave to heart, doesnt mean that deep down it wont change what they do on a daily basis, with their dogs or their own selves. They are usually just keeping a front online:rofl: Everyone learns from others everyday.. even the best learn from the new!

If they argue or slander, they dont deserve to know :)

Thank you

Reactions: dixieland

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blue Nose Bella - I like that sayin lol my dad used to say that to me ^_^ . Sometimes being stubborn though, gets your dog into trouble, not you & that's the sad part

dixieland - Oh my, I hope not hear that from someone, but at least hearing it you know you're right & you got under their skin ^_~

HeavyJeep - So true, there are always still going to be those who appreciate the advice given & actually take into consideration, thus doing; & majority of times come back to let everyone know they tried :) that's always nice to hear.

"If they argue or slander, they dont deserve to know" - well said

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
To pretty much everyone that responded to this thread....
Know that there are still those of us out there here to honestly learn from those here that have the knowledge to share. :)

Just because everyone doesnt take the advice or info you gave to heart, doesnt mean that deep down it wont change what they do on a daily basis, with their dogs or their own selves. They are usually just keeping a front online:rofl: Everyone learns from others everyday.. even the best learn from the new!

If they argue or slander, they dont deserve to know :)

Thank you
I agree.

I can't count the amount of times I got in a debate with someone who heavily defended their opinion. Even though I presented facts supporting mine.

Then later on I hear them stating what I said to someone else. They may not show that they give in, but really they do often think and act upon it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it su*ks that you feel that way even tho i understand where you are comming from!

most dog owners believe that the other dog owner doesnt known left from right! i dont know why but its true!

i would like to take this time to thank all members those who have directly and indirectly helped me. i joined this site because it seemed like it was full of nolagable people with a wealth of creditable information and experiance.
if the information recived was right or wrong it would only depend on how well i explained the senario of the situation.

as for you feeling like you wasted your time please dont as iv learnt most of my knowledge from other posts so in the senario where one wants to ride you off with the help you provided remember that its not only that one person you are helping but intern hundreds maybe even thousands in the near future

so keep up the good work

by the way
BYB = back yard breeders! right?
lol ?

if so yeap iv heard of them thats all we have down here i wish i could get pure lines,
old bloodlines
true blue's
well breed APBT's
very rare if any

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i have to agree with jeep. its also life you cant expect every one to listen, some times you have to watch them sink or swim, but that doesnt mean you cant just give your 2 cents and walk away, they learn eventually.

bybs down here are a plague they're every where back when i was still a kid i had 2 bybs on my block right next to each other. one of em had a problem with his male eating the puppies. and the other walked his dog with a heavy chain and like 2 50 lbs weights at the end of the chain. no idea why he did it he used to walk the dog on the rocks and would squat lift the weight throw it 2 feet and repeat the whole walk it was retarded. but yah every one and their mother breeds "pits" here they're mostly american bullies they sell em under the typical blue nose pit bull :poop:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts