Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you know whats been going on with Slim. She has been having hip problems and we were planning on having her PTS for several months, but I just couldn't do it with just having to put down Stack this year. She was very ill bred and has had a number of health issues in her 4 years of life.

Well a few months ago Slim started loosing weight rapidly. We took her in and got some blood drawn and after they did there thing and tested it however they do they came back to tell us she had hypoglycemia. I was not to sure about that and did my research and she didn't really have the symptoms that go with that, but I was like ok maybe she just has it very mildly.

Things have been fine and she was gaining her weight back......

This morning she had a seizure. I have never dealt with seizures and most of what I know comes from talking with Tye about Penny.

Her seizure was mild at first, but then became severe so we got her in the back of the van and during the 5 min drive to the vet she died. Her temp was 107 when we got there and they say thats what did it was the fast temp increase. I asked if I shouldn't have moved her and they said no her temp would have done that anyway.

I have been prepared to loose Slim, but not this way......

RIP Pitts Blue Fire AKA Slim De da giminie

She wasn't the smartest or most coordinated dog, but she loved her family and loved her kids with all she had.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh Holly I have tears streaming dwn my face I can't hardly type, I am soooooo sorry. Words cannot express my sympathy for you. When Penny had those cluster seizures her temp had gotten to 105.8. Oh Slim you will be missed. Holly I am here as are the others of the forum, my heart and thoughts are with you and your family.

RIP Slim, Penny will greet you with open arms at the bridge.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
RIP... I love all the shots of such a great nanny dog.. My favorite is this:Slim~

Im sorry for your loss; at the same time, I'm happy you experienced such a great lil dog :pup: !!! She was is the best hands she could've been in and looks like she was happy from breath 1 and back again. Thanks Holly for being such an advocate of the breed :clap:

R.I.P. Slim~

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
RIP... I love all the shots of such a great nanny dog.. My favorite is this:Slim~
I love that one too. She was so mothering to any animal I brought home. That was a calf I was raising and she would lay with it and clean it. She was so good to animals.

I just wish I would have had her PTS months ago when I should have and she would have never had to got through this.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Holly please don't do that to yourself, Slim deserved every last breath and she knew you were the best mom-lady ever, EVER!!!! I am still in tears, she was so loved by such a wonderful person. I should have done the same with Penny and couldn't bring myself to do it. Again my heart is with you and your family

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Im so sorry for your loss we dealt with seizures in our dog rocky for the 1st time ever it was the worst thing to ever experience and not alot you can do, You did the right thing trying to get her to the vet. Love the pictures of her what a sweet dog, My heart goes out to you and your kids , RIP slim.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fish is going to be so upset. They don't know yet, she thinks Slim is out in the kennel (because thats were she would be right now, ot that I told her that)......Slim wasn't good at much, but kids was her thing. She just loved Fish from the day we got her and gave that same love to Noodle from the day she was born.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
awwww holly I'm so sorry :'( RIP slim

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Holly I am very sorry for your loss you gave Slim the best life and all the love a dog could have hoped for and in return he loved you and your family. It's sad the strong bond we share with our animals never preparing ourselves to say goodbye to them one day especially when we don't see it coming. May Slim be smiling at the rainbow bridge waiting for his family to join him one day. God Bless .... RIP Slim :(

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
......Slim wasn't good at much, but kids was her thing. She just loved Fish from the day we got her and gave that same love to Noodle from the day she was born.
Oh Holly, from the sounds of it, Slim was good at everything that really matters.
Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures with us.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Oh no!!! Slim was a gorgeous animal and I always just thought she was so adorable :( Give your kids tons of hugs and kisses, i know it's hard to lose a dog they must be so sad already after just losing Stack. RIP Slim, I can't imagine going through what you are going through Holly! Sucks so bad.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh no!!! Slim was a gorgeous animal and I always just thought she was so adorable :( Give your kids tons of hugs and kisses, i know it's hard to lose a dog they must be so sad already after just losing Stack. RIP Slim, I can't imagine going through what you are going through Holly! Sucks so bad.
Its sucks, but I was at least prepared to loose Slim. Like I said we had planned for some time now (like 6 months) to just have her PTS, but I keep making excuses and saying oh she ok, its not bad enough to have her PTS.. ect...

With Stack though it happened all of a sudden and we realized what was going on and had him PTS within like 3 days.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Oh no holly that is so sad! I am so sorry or your loss and having to tell your kids when it hurts so much must be incredibly hard. I sure she loved everyday she had with your family! Beautiful girl!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh Holly I'm so sorry. My eyes are all teared up :( (hugs) My deepest condolences to you and the family. I hope you and the girls are going to be ok. R.I.P. sweet Slim you will always be loved and never forgotten.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
P.S. please let me know if you guys need anything, anything at all. I'm only a hop skip and a jump away and I'll be there in a flash.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I'm so sorry Holly, I am tears right now. :( Especially after reading how much the girls loved her. Slim was a beautiful girl. Nanny dog is the best title a dog can have. :) Really makes me sad that Helena and her were the same age. RIP Slim

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thnx everyone. Her age bugs me so bad, with the issues shes had in such a short life. She has has non stop health issues from the day we got her and is a prime example of what happens when people put no care into what they breed. You have a great dog plagued with health problems that not only hurts the dogs, but the people whos family their apart of. I have spent more money on vet bills for Slim than all my other current dogs combine. She was only 4 and seemed to be 12 with the issues shes had.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts