Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
do you give him anything to help clean his mouth? raw bones? dental treats { although im still not convinced those work all that well}, also you could brush his teeth a few times a week to help as well. try adding some Apple cider vinegar to the water as well , like a small capful or half a capful. I started adding it for a different reason { it has good benefits for many things} and noticed the one girl I have with bad breathe it improved a bit. Only thing I had changed was the ACV so im accrediting it to that LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
puppy breath can be nasty sometimes. especially if you're using supplements. (that you mentioned in your previous thread).
high protein, low carb, fat burning diets usually lead to the build up of blood toxins and a condition called ketosis. one of the symptoms is bad breath.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
it also puts alot of wear and tear on the kidneys and liver.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No supps at all, i give him those purina busy bones sometimes but it doesnt help.... His teeth are really clean. Where can i buy apple cider vinegar at? Would dominicks or jewel carry that?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I get mine at Walmart, just get the kind that says "With the Mother" or WTM and you are good. Amy grocery carries Apple Cider Vinegar WTM

·
Registered
154 Posts
Brush his teeth. You would be amazed at how much this will help. Think about it. If you did not brush your teeth, how bad would your breath smell?

·
Registered
25 Posts
We feed our dog TOTW's Pacific Stream formula and it makes her breath stink too. We tried brushing with the chicken flavored dog toothpaste, but Rosey was more interested in trying to eat the toothpaste and the brush, so it didn't work out too well.

They sell these treats called Breathies at a local pet shop near me and Rosey loves them. They're a little expensive but they're all natural and we've noticed a big difference in her fish breath.

Dogswell Breathies Chicken Breast Dog Treats

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I use OxyFresh...I get it from my vet, I love it because my older dogs have horrid breathe! LOL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts