Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thre yr old pitbull and he starts to smell after 1 or 2 after we bath him And he gets bump often in all his back n side. I feed him diamond streamed athlete chicken n rice I have never change his food

Attachments

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
if i were u would switch foods. diamond has had a few recalls recently and switching to a grain free would prolly get rid of the bumps too. when i got Odin home from the shelter he was on crap purina food till i learned better and i coulda washed him once a week because of how oil and stinky his coat was. but now i feed him Acana Wild Prairie and i dont think hes had a bath all month and his coat is soft, dry, shiny, and odor less.

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 I feed taste of the wild and Athenas coat is the same way. can go a month without a bath if i wanted. Also maybe try to use a shampoo with oatmeal in it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Houston Texas where can I get taste of the wild from and around how much is it I pay 40 for diamond 40 pound bag

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
I live in Houston Texas where can I get taste of the wild from and around how much is it I pay 40 for diamond 40 pound bag
check ur local feed stores or tractor supply store. worst case Dog and Cat Food, Treats, and Supplies | Free Shipping at Chewy.com has it for $46 a bag but when i used to feed it i found it local for $38 for a 30lb. although TotW is made by diamond they still are subject to their recalls.... but goin grain free will prolly help too.

Acana is made by Champion from all fresh and local vendors top quality ingredients and what not... i've found it local for $55 for a 30lb but Chewy has it for $61 i believe....

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Yeah food would be the first thing I would look at changing as well.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
ur very welcome, u can search pet food ratings here and find all kinds of threads about whats what too :p

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
is your dog intact?
my 4 year old is unaltered and i kinda notice the same thing. he doesn't really "stink". but he gets a dog mustiness about 3 or 4 days after a bath. he's grain free. and on a strict diet.
i think it's related to hormones. but cleaning up your dogs diet can only help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But the blue buffalo wilderness was grain free now I rea lly need to change his food I bath him dunday n he was already smelling yesterday. Jikealoha he is not neuter so you guys think that might be an issue. Should I neuter him? Im really trying to stay away from neutering causr his nice big pitbull n to see him eithout balls.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
you should consider several things when deciding to neuter... the way your dog looks, or the way you think he should look is NOT one of those things. it is a human downfall to associate social status or acceptance with reproductive organs. you should be asking yourself "what is in HIS best interest?" not "what will make ME feel better?"
anyway, dogs are dogs. they are gonna smell like dogs.
but if he has a serious funky odor, then changing his diet should help. i think brushing his coat and wiping him down will also help.
my opinion is an outdoor dog should get a maximum of 2 baths per month. An indoor dog 1 bath every month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok guys I got my dog new food I bought him one that had the most points in d food rating sti ky dick vattons natural lets ee what happens ima take a pic post a new thread so we can see the change

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Ok guys I got my dog new food I bought him one that had the most points in d food rating sti ky dick vattons natural lets ee what happens ima take a pic post a new thread so we can see the change
sweet! glad that u found one u liked! i look forward to pics :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts