Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I adopted a brindle pit puppy from the shelter about two weeks ago. We took her to the vet for her first checkup last week and she had already received her first round of shots. She's about 5 months old.
They didn't give her the rabies vaccine because they believed she had kennel cough. We got antibiotics for it last Thursday because it wasn't going away.

Now she isn't coughing as much but has started sneezing a lot and is very snotty. It sounds like she is trying to clear her throat a lot and seems to be pretty congested. The antibiotics don't seem to be helping it.

She sleeps in a crate with a microfleece blanket, and she even seems to be sneezing when we take her out, even when outside. My boyfriend and I also have two cats, and we all stay in the same room.

I'm wondering if she may be having an allergic reaction to something, but I don't know what. I was thinking an upper respiratory infection, but she doesn't seem to be super tired because she still likes to play, just really sniffly.

Any advice would be awesome!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Get her back to the vet asap! Could be an upper respiratory infection. Or at least call your vet and tell them her symptoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could she have it even if she doesn't seem sick other than her sneezing? She doesn't act sick at all.

We're brand new to the dog scene.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
We as forum members are not vets, we can be helpful with some medical concerns, but with something like this, you should really see a vet. Good luck!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Yeah I knew that. I just really thought it might have been allergies
Never suspect what you think may be and expect the unexpected. I would consult a vet. If you don't consult a vet she could get worse. Please take our advice and don't hesitate taking your girl to the vet :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I had planned on it regardless.

I was really just curious if anyone had problems with allergic reactions before.

Thanks for the help.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Oh I had planned on it regardless.

I was really just curious if anyone had problems with allergic reactions before.

Thanks for the help.
Especially where you said she had a snotty nose.....that's not a good sign right there. Let us know how you make out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts