Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its pouring the snow here and I love it but the problem is Bailey just sits there freezing and wants in . Normally I take her out every 3 hours , should I still do this or wait til it stops snowing ?

Last year she was just about 2 months and loved it ,she did run around just now out there but the snow got worse and she wanted in . Shes so used to going out :snow:

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Our snow came and went with more on the way~ Yeah some love it some don't but if you get out and enjoy it most likely your dog will :snow::pupruns:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our snow came and went with more on the way~ Yeah some love it some don't but if you get out and enjoy it most likely your dog will :snow::pupruns:
Yeah this is the first snow of the year here , she wont go to the bathroom ,well hasnt yet . Im going to try and take her back out, maybe she needs to get used to snow again :confused:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
They sell booties for dogs paws so they won't feel quite so uncomfortable in the snow.Then you could get her a coat to wear too.Maybe she'll be more inclined to stay out a little longer then.
Plus like Firehazard says,if you go out there and enjoy it with her she may like it better.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They sell booties for dogs paws so they won't feel quite so uncomfortable in the snow.Then you could get her a coat to wear too.Maybe she'll be more inclined to stay out a little longer then.
Plus like Firehazard says,if you go out there and enjoy it with her she may like it better.
Thank you , I will have to look for some of those . Im going to take her on the hill and let her play in a few and see if that helps cause she loves going up there . Its not sticking yet though, I hope she likes it :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
OMg and your happy about the snow? well i hope it all stays where you are lol. Some dogs love the snow other not so much , pep hates it but then again if iwere low enough my tittys would drag in it I probably wouldnt love it either lol. I have a couple sweaters and jackets for mine thats all we use I tried the booties before but it wasnt a big hit lol. Id still take her out every 3 hours she just may not want to be out as long.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
my dog likes snow but starts to shiver really quick, got him a sweater and its better for him

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMg and your happy about the snow? well i hope it all stays where you are lol. Some dogs love the snow other not so much , pep hates it but then again if iwere low enough my tittys would drag in it I probably wouldnt love it either lol. I have a couple sweaters and jackets for mine thats all we use I tried the booties before but it wasnt a big hit lol. Id still take her out every 3 hours she just may not want to be out as long.
Not the thick snow,last year power was out for a week and the week before christmas of all times lol when its like that I hate it , I just love to see it falling :eek:. It poured but didnt stick too much thankfully . It melted so shes fine now but still shivers and wants in :(

She has only been out two times today cause I had to go to the store but she uses puppy pads too so its okay I guess :confused:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This is it when it first started ,not too bad

·
Banned
319 Posts
I think you should try associating the snow as a possitive thing for the dog :)

maybe bundle up and go out there and play ball or get a few family members out to cheer the modd up a bit. sometimes that helps!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ugh I hate the snow, Gargamel could stay out all day in it if I let him, I love when he prances around the yard, I hate the shoveling though, we might get some tonight. SOOOO not looking forward to it. He hates when it actually storming and is quick to do his thing, but after it done, he loves going out.

Mel once went 24 hours without wanting to go out in a real, real bad bad storm. He let me know when he was ready and was out, and he was out and right back in. Don't worry it will be fine, he is old enough to know better.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Man i want snow! Been colder than normal this fall for us so i'm hoping.. Tonight its going to get down to 30.. Wish we had snow along with that..

Problem down here lately we get two days of colder weather than it jumps back up in the mid 70s low 80s the rest of the week.. Mother Nature sure loves keeping me sick thats for sure!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Man i want snow! Been colder than normal this fall for us so i'm hoping.. Tonight its going to get down to 30.. Wish we had snow along with that..

Problem down here lately we get two days of colder weather than it jumps back up in the mid 70s low 80s the rest of the week.. Mother Nature sure loves keeping me sick thats for sure!
shoot sounds like New England lol

·
Registered
11,428 Posts

I am so with you KM! I may be in the South but I was born and raised in the NE So I love the snow and miss it. I am hoping we get a snow storm or two this winter. I thought we were supposed to get have a very cold winter this year! I don't think the south starts to cool off though until DEC-JAN-FEB those are our coldest months.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Just so you know I blame all you people talking about snow on here and FB cause its now snowing here, wasnt forecasted at all said rain for 2 weeks...bunch or Liers those weather men.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
weather men are crazy...

We had a tornado last year (NEVER get them cause its so hilly) but it went clear across the state without dying down. Watching the weatherman he was fist pumping and cheering himself when he was right, lol. It was hilarious and kinda not cool since people did die... They are almost always wrong. I hate how schools now cancel if the predict snow, I used to have to wake up early to know, now these kids get it canceled the day before storms, and then they pass us by. SOOO stupid.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
lol unless there are feet of snow school here dont get cancelled lol.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I am so with you KM! I may be in the South but I was born and raised in the NE So I love the snow and miss it. I am hoping we get a snow storm or two this winter. I thought we were supposed to get have a very cold winter this year! I don't think the south starts to cool off though until DEC-JAN-FEB those are our coldest months.
Yeah but we have actually had a decent fall this year by comparison to other years. Trees haven't just gone from green to bare.. Actually some great color in the trees, cool days followed by cold nights. I just wish it wouldn't go from 52 and breezy to 86 and humid the next. Sinuses killing me and wont get any better until the weather finally decides to settle down. They are calling for the south to have a pretty good winter this year so we will see.

If im not mistaken they are predicting at least one good snow storm, about like the one we had last year that brought 10 - 12+ inches (a lot for us people!) and for it to stick around longer..with the possibility of one or two smaller snows that may amount to a few inches.

Personally i'd be happy as heck to have one nice snow (at least a foot) and for it to stick around for a nice week before melting away. Doubt that will happen but i can hope!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts