Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last monday I was walking my dog early in the morning when suddenly a man opens his door and a Great Dane came out running in our direction! I was petrified as The Great Dane was looking into my eyes while running :(
As a lot of people here walk their small dog without leash my dog always wear a muzzle but I wish he wouldn't this time...

As my dog was in his way he got attacked! The owner of the Great Dane started to call him and THANK GOD he stopped and got inside the house. At this moment I was holding my dog neck and he was stading on his hind legs. But then again the dog escaped and tried to attack us but the man was abble to stop him before it.
The man started to apologize and the only thing that I said to him was "luckly my dog was wearing a muzzle". He got inside his house very quickly so I couldn't ask his name or anything.

Well I got hurt on the leg and THANK GOD my dog dig not get hurt at all.... But now he can't see any dog that he wants to attack! I mean, he didn't like them before but he didn't mind. He wouldn't try to attack other dog that was on the other side of the road for example.
Now if the dog is where he can see it (even far away) he get into the attack mode!

My question is: how can I know if he's just scared of other dogs or if he really don't like them now?? :S

PS: he still like cats (???)

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Bulldogs in general if they are bulldog at all will be ready for a challenge... From what your saying he simply knows what is potential danger and what is not.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
So... I'm failing to see anything that shows "you were attacked"..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and I didn't say I WAS ATTACKED, but MY DOG WAS.
Look at the title " So my dog was attacked by Great Dane...."

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
First Ali , you call animal control. No one has the right to just let their dog out without a leash..PERIOD! Especially if you were in the right. Dude would be responsible for all damage, even to you. Makes no difference if the dog touched you or not. Dude put YOU in harms way, makes him the bad guy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right redog!

But here in Brazil animal control only show up if the dog bites you. They say they don't have space and time.............. That's why this kind of stuff happens all the time! :/

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
and I didn't say I WAS ATTACKED, but MY DOG WAS.
Look at the title " So my dog was attacked by Great Dane...."
If a Dane actually attacked your muzzled pup there would have been damage.

I'm not suggesting the guy had control, lack there of as his dog got out in the first place however the story doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm also not saying your lying either, more information would be beneficial..

Anytime I see a dog attack in the news or else where without clear information I'm always suspicious

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If a Dane actually attacked your muzzled pup there would have been damage.

I'm not suggesting the guy had control, lack there of as his dog got out in the first place however the story doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm also not saying your lying either, more information would be beneficial..

Anytime I see a dog attack in the news or else where without clear information I'm always suspicious
Well he wasn't PLAYING with my dog.... also I got hurt on the leg. And I don't know why are you suspicious... Why on earth would I lie about this?????

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I think km is merely questioning your use of the word attack. It sounds more as though you were rushed, but attack implies your dog was bitten by the Dane but as km pointed out, you said your dog did not get injured. Attack might be a bit hyperbolic.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
But oh well... :/ my question was just to know if my dog is now scared or not... :S
In other words you expect us to answer a question that can only be answered with the dog right in front of one. A question that you can't answer for yourself with the dog right in front of you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry :O Now I see how stupid my question was AHAAHAH

Actually I'd like to know how to recognize the signs, how would he react if he's scared?

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
if he gets between you and danger .. not scared.. if he circles your leg and stands behind you or tries to get out the way.. obviously skeeered...

·
silent memeber
569 Posts
Scared-Tail between his legs, shaking , not wanting to go towards the object that is scaring him

defensive-tail up , barking ,standing his ground

Aggressive -barking , growling , going towards the object , hair standing up ,tail up

Simple enough

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts