Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been working really hard getting Bert to walk on a leash well. We've had him for 4 months now and while his walk isn't perfect, he's doing great.

I decided to take him for a walk to a little shopping center down the street. There's a Starbucks and other shops. I needed money out of the atm, so I figured why not walk it's a beautiful California day.

He did so great! He listened perfectly everytime I gave him a command to get his attention. Basically I just say "Hey" and he turns and sits and looks at me. He gets a piece of cheese of course. He is super motivated by food.

No one stopped to say hi to him which is a bummer, but we did get cute little smiles as we walked by and while he was sitting nicely and waiting at stop lights. :)

He seemed happy with himself too. Here's a photo :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone! I guess I am just excited since he's learning and defying his stereotype. :) You don't see many pitbull type dogs out and about here. I know people have them, but they are in the backyards barking.

This morning on our way to church, my 14 year old son said "Look Mom, that guy is walking two pitties" haha It's nice my family is falling in love with the breed too. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts