Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But upset at the same time....

The other day i had left to go to the store and i had left the dogs out back..... well my fiance comes home to Daisy barking at my neighbor... has him stuck in my doorway and Diesel running around in the yard.. Dre stayed in the back like a good boy. I go to the neighbor who was stuck at my door and asked what had happened.. he just told me daisy attacked the neighbors chiweenie that hangs out in front of their house because he heard the dog yelp and he came to the door to let me know .. thats when she started barking. So i went to their door to see if the dog is ok and they told me it wasnt daisy... that some other loose dog came up and tried attacking Twix (chiweenie).. thats when daisy busted through the fence and ran the dog off..basically protecting twix... i have since put a latch and lock on the bottom of the gate she pushed out.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
my front yard is unfenced.. he came up to the door to let me know the dogs got out

he said she went around the side of the house to get back in the fence where she got out, thats when he came to the door and rang the door bell several times.. just as he did that she came back around the corner and started barking like crazy.. i'm guessing because she was scared, he wasnt there when she was just a moment before.. he said she didnt approach him like she was going to attack, she just barked until Jen got home and the guy just walked away and Daisy let him..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thats pretty wild. Not trying to change the subject but I had left and left my dog in the yard for a couple hours one morning. There are some tall trees in the neighbors yard behind our house that were growing up into the powerlines so a tree company had come out to trim the trees away from the powerlines. Well when I came home, Zeus was sitting at the front door waiting and wouldn't go anywhere. I was proud that he had just stayed there and just so glad that he didn't see a squirrel or anything or boom his prey drive would have kicked in and he would have been gone.

Apparently one of the guys from the tree company had came around the neighborhood supposedly asking if there were dogs in the peoples back yards. Well we keep both gates into the backyard locked, one just has a slide lock on it though and it was standing wide open. My elderly neighbor (he's probably 80) came over from where he was sitting on his front porch watching Zeus to tell me he tried to get him back in the fence but he wouldn't listen to him. Anytime Zeus is with me he runs straight up to my elderly neighbor licking his hand. I've even seen the elderly neighbor out the window talking to Zeus while I was inside, things like "your just a good ol dog arent ya buddy". Thankfully I wasn't gone any longer than a couple hours and that I have a good neighbor like that. Everyone else in the neighborhood likes him too which is a good thing.

Sorry to post all this here, not trying to steal your thunder. It just came to mind as you're talking about dogs getting out. It just kills me that the tree company was so irresponsible that they let my dog out of my fence just so they could get in there and left the fence wide open.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Glad to hear it ended well. My heart dropped the first time I found Stack had got loose. Happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts