Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get one from hunting lines, this is what you deal with....or if you get a pup off this butthead, you'll end up this thing!!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
my beagle is from hunting lines, and very annoying too when he sees a rabbit, bird or squirrel all he wants to do is kill,

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my beagle is from hunting lines, and very annoying too when he sees a rabbit, bird or squirrel all he wants to do is kill,
You see nothing until you see this old guy on a hunt....he's tried to take on foxes, coyotes, deer, and a bobcat once!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
we havent seen foxes but hes been after *****, an it scares the krap outta me, also possumes too, where i live no bobcats cyotes or deer but im sure he want a piece of them lol

my boy turning 8 nov 30th, he old too but sure dont look it

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
lol cute,My aunt breeds and shows them has for years. They are cute dogs but that howl of there's is too much for me lol its insane trying to go say hi in the kennels with them. You use him for hunting still? how old is he?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
lol wehen my begle hears something outside an i am focused doing something on the comp and bays or howls or even barks it scares me i feel like i jumped outta my skin

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol cute,My aunt breeds and shows them has for years. They are cute dogs but that howl of there's is too much for me lol its insane trying to go say hi in the kennels with them. You use him for hunting still? how old is he?
He's retired and been retired for a good while. He just turned 9 about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Nah, don't recollect wanting a beagle, unless I forgot where I am. *looks around* And to be perfectly frank with ya, I think your dog doesn't understand what you want. I watched both vids that you posted on the other forum, and even I can't tell what you're asking of him that he's doing so poorly at, other than breaking one stay.

Reactions: angelbaby

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Nah, don't recollect wanting a beagle, unless I forgot where I am. *looks around* And to be perfectly frank with ya, I think your dog doesn't understand what you want. I watched both vids that you posted on the other forum, and even I can't tell what you're asking of him that he's doing so poorly at, other than breaking one stay.
I honestly agree with baha, i've seen a few beagles in action bred from proven dogs in the field and it has no bearing on listening to commands.. That has to do with training and consistency not if the dog was bred from hunting lines or not. For that matter both my dogs listen ten fold aside from the occasional attempt to pull rank and dominate, have no issues. Now if we want to talk about ability in the field to perform, than thats where "how is bred" is going to shine. Either the hound has it instilled and can house that ability to the fullest or they can't.. A cur if you will..

I also agree that it doesn't look that Beau understands what your asking, theres a huge lack of focus on you and i noticed at least once when you asked to sit Beau was already in the process of sitting prior to you giving the command..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts