Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend at a local pet store they are having a socialization class for owner and puppy. I want my puppy (2 months old) to be well socialized, but I do have some concerns. She has met other dogs before and she loves them (no biting just tail waging). I'm concerned of another puppy starting something and my dog finishing it or making her fearful of other dogs. If there was an incident I know my pit would be to blame. Should I take her to the class? I want to keep her on leash just incase I do take her. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I wouldn't take her to a petstore social class. I would take her to a real obedience club with a real trainer that will supervise the interaction. You also need to wait until your puppy is fully vaccinated to be around other dogs.

This is very important for a puppy's development but you need to find an instructor that will correct dogs and owners when their dogs are not behaving properly.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
agreed stay away from places like petsmart or petco for training go to a real trainer center. I let my APBT pups play with other pups but under close supervision. At some point as the pup gets older like 5-6 months I would stop. Dog Aggression can start up at any time and you have to be careful of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts