Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hav a apbt and he just turned 2 and when he was a pup he went everywhere with me and i mean everywhere he was my wingman...then one day at a family barbeque about a year ago a woman he wasnt entirely familiar with got in his face and picked him up and shook him by his ears thinking she was being cute and nice to my dog...now ever since then he growls and is very nervous and shady around people and i cant let him off the leash when people are around in my own yard that arent immediate family..what should i do to help him trust new people again need ideas please...:(

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Hi, Welcome! Here are some links, take a look and if that doesn't give you ideas then ask away. I would say to slowly introduce different things, but has your dog bitten anyone or just acting fearful in situations? It also helps to get a good behaviorist to help access the situation, an outside opinion is always good when you are so close to your dog.

http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/38109-socializing.html

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
No he hasn't bitten anyone just acted fearful...and thanks for the advice
that's great news, something you should be able to work on and correct before anything might escalate.. Good luck and keep us updated or if you have any questions :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts