Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah some American bulldogs site are making claims that Our Gang Pete the pup was their breed....so sad when most of us already know he was an APBT registered as an American Staffordshire Terrier.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Petey, or Lucenay's Peter (his United Kennel Club registered name) was whelped September 6th, 1929. He was bred by A.A. Keller, and owned/trained by Harry Lucenay.

There were actually two Petey's, the first one was poisoned and was for sure an AmStaff, the second one was APBT

3,968 Posts
Petey, or Lucenay's Peter (his United Kennel Club registered name) was whelped September 6th, 1929. He was bred by A.A. Keller, and owned/trained by Harry Lucenay.

There were actually two Petey's, the first one was poisoned and was for sure an AmStaff, the second one was APBT
huh. i didnt know about the amstaff! interesting. i remember there was a guy at the dog park(with a friend and her collie. thisguy was with his with pitbull type dog that was sooo over wieght her whole leg looked like a kankle. so much fat she couldnt even bend her knees. it took her like 1 min to take two steps but everyone was acting like she should be a blue ribbon dog. ne way the guy who owned her said she was an american bulldog...face looked more apbt. the fur was blue dont know if english bulldogs can be blue. but he was telling everyone petey was eb. and that the original war hero dogs were english bulldogs and blah blah blah. i just

·
Registered
962 Posts
just like Chance on Homeward bound, i have heard many different people say he was a different breed.

3,968 Posts
just like Chance on Homeward bound, i have heard many different people say he was a different breed.
i am 99.9% sure he was american bulldog...i loved that dog.one time i asked my mom if we could buy him.

·
Registered
962 Posts
and you have heard wrong ;)
alapaha are usually merle which is an unaceptable color for apbt, but do fit the description of a "pit bull". there inlies the problem.

3,968 Posts
and you have heard wrong ;)
alapaha are usually merle which is an unaceptable color for apbt, but do fit the description of a "pit bull". there inlies the problem.
i have only seen 2 alpha blues in my life time very nice looking dogs. they were both blue and white. i would like to see what a merle one would look like.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The thing about the alapaha blue bloods are breeder are making up all kinds of history and are in standard battle among 2 different registry. One breeder when as far as changing the name calling his dogs Otto dogs and registered them as such. I read many breeders are accusing others of mixing English Bulldogs....I really don't know but some do look very Englishy to me while others look like just a bit smaller American bulldog.

3,968 Posts
The thing about the alapaha blue bloods are breeder are making up all kinds of history and are in standard battle among 2 different registry. One breeder when as far as changing the name calling his dogs Otto dogs and registered them as such. I read many breeders are accusing others of mixing English Bulldogs....I really don't know but some do look very Englishy to me why others look like just a bit smaller American bulldog.
interesting sounds like something fun to look up when i get bored again.
the first time i saw one i was a while ago. i def knew what an american bulldog was. i think they are so easy to identify. but i swore it was an apbt i told the people they had a nice pitbull they said no its alpha blue bulldog. and that is actually what got me to pay closer attanetion to breed standards when it comes to bully breeds cuz i was suprised to hear it was a different breed. i didnt even know there was a different kind of bulldog other then the american,english,and french.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts