Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It hurts me very bad to have to inform you guys that Stack will be PTS tomorrow morning.....

About a year ago Stack had to have a couple masses removed from his back leg. 2 months ago they started to come back 4x as worse and one very large under his tail..

The masses have spread, are growing much more rapidly, and are effecting his inside as well now. They are in his colon and we almost lost him to a blockage/bloat issue over it last week.

He has been to 2 different vets. He is only 7 years old but where these are growing and the fact that they will return is a major issue. He can not continuously go under to have them removed. Since I can not see them internally when they return I would not no until he showed signs.

He is often in pain and sits and shakes. He has lost much of his spirit and I can see the discomfort in his face.

Both vets have said that these are common in dogs ( however I have never before had issues with them) and they masses are not hereditary.

I bought Stack at 1 1/2 yrs not long after giving birth to Fish. Over the years he has proven to be a magnificent loving family dog. Regardless of his size he has a gentleness with children as small as infants that has made him my most beloved dog. I kills me to have to separate from him at the age of 7. Being as Fish was raised with Stack she is also taking this very hard. This is a devastating blow to my family and not something we will soon get over.

Reactions: apbtmom76 and Sadie

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
you know where i stand holly
i love you and you will be in my prayers
let me know if you need anything

Reactions: American_Pit13

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. You have help me more than you know with this.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
It brings a lump to my throat to read this. I'm so sorry you have to do this but I'm sure he'd thank you for it.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
We may not have seen eye to eye on here many times , But I feel for you and your family during this time. Its not something that can really be made better by any words , he is beautiful and you obviously love him enough to look past your own wants and do what is best for him in the long run. I hope you and your daughter find some comfort in the good memories you all had together , never fun having to go through this with kids they dont always see it the way we do. will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. This is so hard for me and the support that this is right is what I need. I have tried and tried to talk myself around the issue. Make myself believe that they will just vanish and be gone and he will be fine, but in reality I know the pain he is in and I don't want he to die in pain slowly. I don't think thats fair to him with everything he has done for my family and for me over the years.

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Holly I am so sorry!

When I think back about Brutus going through the same thing not long ago, and I think about how much pain he was in and how his quality of life had taken such a turn I know in my heart what we did was best for him. Know that what you are doing is what is best for Stack. You gave him an amazing life, too short though it may be but there is nothing more a dog could ask for than to be truly loved and cared for, and he is. Take comfort in that.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I am so sorry Holly. I will pray for you and you're family. It's so hard to loose a dog. But you are releasing his pain. You're not being selfish and continuing to make him go under the knife,like so many other pet owners would do,just to keep them that much longer. I applaud you for this.
He knows he was loved,and he knows you'll be with him till the end.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
OMG Holly this is so heart breaking. I'm seriously in tears right now. I know how much you guys love him and how he is a big part of the family. My deepest condolences to all the family (hugs)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
i feel your doing the right thing. but that does not make it any easier of your dog going away.
i dont think of it as a loss, but look what you've gained from this dog. im sure a big and different outloook of the breed. and just what you wanted.
were here here for you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Having just lost my little guy, I know what you are going through and I can only offer my condolences and prayers. It's hard to say goodbye to the ones we love, but take pride in knowing that you gave a good life to one of God's creatures and you will see him again.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Oh Holly I am so very sorry I can't even imagine how heavy your heart is right now. What a beautiful boy. I feel that you are doing the right thing for Stack. He has left behind some great son's and daughter's I hope you find comfort in knowing that you did everything you could for him and that you gave him a life filled with love and happiness and he in turned filled your life with joy and beautiful memories. God bless your family during this difficult time If there is anything I can do please let me know.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Hi Holly,

I am quite new to this board, but have absolutely loved Stack since the first time I saw him. I think it's his sweet face. I see such kindness in his eyes, and I can tell you have given him a good life with lots of love.

I know it will be hard on you and your family to loose him, but you are doing the right thing by ending his suffering. He is counting on you to love him enough to let him go quickly and peacefully.

I wish you strength, and hope that soon your tears will be replaced by smiles as you look back on fond memories of Stack.

{{hugs}}

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your family. You are a wonderul outstanding owner to be able to give Stack the love you have. Its also with love that you are letting him go. Quality of life is a huge issue.

My hugs and prayers to you and your family in your time of loss!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Holly, I am bawling reading this, I know that words cannot say what I feel but know that my heart and thoughts are with you and your family, I am sorry this has to happen, darnit all to heck. ((((hugs)))) girl, i am here as well if you need me.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Aww Holly. Stack will be missed but you have to believe it was in his best interest. I know it will be hard. You have done the right thing. My condolences to you and your family.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
These decisions are never easy .... but making them for the best interest of ones beloved animal shows selflessness, because so many allow these situations to grow worse for fear of letting go. You made the right decision.
Don't consider it pts ... that is not what your doing, in this case you are giving him freedom, a GIFT of life on the other side pain free, spirt healed.

Condolences to you and the family ...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Awww Holly, I'm so sorry that you're facing such an awful event. There's no easy way out and I commend you for sparing him pain by bearing it in your own heart. I'm so sorry for the kids, too. Unavoidable heartbreak.

I've learned over the years that no matter how short or how long a good dogs life is it's never long enough. The pain of loss is like "the price of admission" for having all the joy they bring to your life in the time that you have them. It doesn't make it any easier to take the heartbreak and you'll be in my thoughts as you go through this.

Rest well, Stack.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts