Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The girls didn't place, ( however if they had held a most sun burned contest I would have won a trophy for sure lmao) but we had a fabulous time and got to meet some great people including Doug and his super sweet wife Lori. Both of Dougs dog were super sweet and a joy to get to see in person. We are so exited about the next shows now lol NM here we come!

Crixus I almost pulled from the last show, but since there were only 5 of us I figured we could do it real quick, but she was not taking the heat well. We were wetting her down and she had water but by the end of the show she was just done, my poor baby.

Xena LOVED the show idea lol Had she actually been in condition I am sure she would have placed under the "ear cropping hatter judge" lol.

Earl did great! Doug I am sure will be around to post up his awesome pics and all Earls wins.

So here are a couple of the girls waiting for our class to be called on deck.

Grandma holding the girls while I was off talking

Crixus was looking for roast beef

As the other dogs barked and yapped at each other this was Crixus and her pre ring exercise lol

Me and my baby girls :D

Dougs girl Ivy

I wasn't feeling well so I didn't take pictures of the dogs at the show. I know Doug got plenty so I didn't waste the energy lol.

Reactions: Eric

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Great Pics Holly oh wow 3 litter mates all up against each other LOL .. They are are so beautiful I am glad you guys had a great time at the show this was your first ADBA show right? I am sure next time you guys will take something home! Congrats to Doug and Earl can't wait to see all the dog's that showed up for this event!!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
great pics!! The girls look great :D

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Great pics!!!!!!!! I'm surprised the girls didn't place, dang crop haters.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Nice pics! Beautiful dogs :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Great Pics Holly oh wow 3 litter mates all up against each other LOL .. They are are so beautiful I am glad you guys had a great time at the show this was your first ADBA show right? I am sure next time you guys will take something home! Congrats to Doug and Earl can't wait to see all the dog's that showed up for this event!!
Yes it was an ADBA first for me. I have only been to UKC events before. Much better people at the ADBA event IMO. I defiantly think I did right with getting the girls and going ADBA. Well worth my time and money.

great pics!! The girls look great :D
Thanx :D

Great pics!!!!!!!! I'm surprised the girls didn't place, dang crop haters.
The crop hater did give Earl a 2nd place, but Earl is pure hotness so... :D

In the first show the judge said sorry when she didn't place us lol. Bree (a Caragan dog) Took first in both of our classes so we have no shame in losing to her! The other 2 dogs were fine looking dogs as well. There were a lot of very nice looking dogs out there.

The ear judge just bothered me over him feeling the need to run his mouth. The first time he saw Crixus in Judges Choice he asked me "what happened to her ears" and in the actual class show 3 dogs had ears and my 2 girls were the ones that didn't and he walk in and says " 2 of these dogs are missing their ears". Of course the 3 dogs with ears took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

I don't believe he judged wrongly they were good looking dogs I just don't care for rude comments on ears when the standard clearly stats cropper or uncropped ears are acceptable.

He did seem to like Xena and had she been in condition may have pulled the 3rd place win.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Boooo!!!! Weather he like the cropped look or not he shouldn't bee so rude. No remarks are necessary. I might have smacked him :stick: lol I don't know why people are afraid of our dogs, it's us they should fear ;) lol
It's really good you got out there with the girls though, I bet the next one will be much better and the girls seem to love it too :)

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Hmmm would that judge have been Gary Hammonds by any chance?? The girls looked GREAT!! I'm glad you had such a great time!!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hmmm would that judge have been Gary Hammonds by any chance?? The girls looked GREAT!! I'm glad you had such a great time!!
Yes ma'am unfortunately it was. Had I known I wouldn't have wasted my money to show them lol.

He did take a very good look at every dog though. Even thought the girls had crops he still gave them their full inspection and double checked everyone. He didn't ignore my girls regardless of if he didn't like them. He claimed it was a close one.

I was actually happy with the time and evaluation each judge took of the dogs. Both judges really did fully look at all the dogs and went back and forth. I have seen UKC judges come in and spin 3 times and whoever they land on wins lmao. Well close to that anyhow. So it was nice to see these judges really looking at what they were judging.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to add that CD pits came down from Canada and it was great to meet her! She is really nice so ya'll go buy some CD pits gear!

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Aw! Sucks the girls didn't bring any wins home.. but they're winners in our hearts and minds! Better luck next time, I guess. Thanks sharing with us Holly! You and the girls look great.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Well don't stress over not placing under Gary Hammonds, and just brush off his comments... I know he's been in the dog game for years and years, but personally his off handed comments are disrespectful and off putting, especially to those that are new to the ring... I've heard... wow that a big dog... and looks aren't everything, sometimes the attitude is rewarded.. from him over the years... Not to mention a few remarks about different dogs i've shown.. .Frankly when I see he is judging I usually save my money and don't show under him.

Don't let his comments discourage you, most judges don't mention their preferences in the ring.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He didn't discourage us at all. His 2 bad comments were out washed my the Boat load of fabulous comments we got on the girls. We had a fantastic time. So many people would walk by and glance at peoples dogs, but stop to actually check out our girls. Several people had come over at the end of the day to see what we had won and were so surprised we didn't place. The girls were highly liked and the show was great overall.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Well don't stress over not placing under Gary Hammonds, and just brush off his comments... I know he's been in the dog game for years and years, but personally his off handed comments are disrespectful and off putting, especially to those that are new to the ring... I've heard... wow that a big dog... and looks aren't everything, sometimes the attitude is rewarded.. from him over the years... Not to mention a few remarks about different dogs i've shown.. .Frankly when I see he is judging I usually save my money and don't show under him.

Don't let his comments discourage you, most judges don't mention their preferences in the ring.
I have never shown under him. But i know a few people who won't. He is nice guy to talk to he knows his bulldogs. but he just says the first ting that come to mind, with no thought of how rude it sounds.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Rude and off putting, and when you have someone new showing in the ring discouraging, which is NOT what we need to portray...

I've heard the rude comments, I've seen his judging for years, and frankly rarely show when he is judging, and I'm usually soo not like that..lol Now if I do show under him I make sure to bring a black dog, he really likes black dogs..lol

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now if I do show under him I make sure to bring a black dog, he really likes black dogs..lol
Thats what I was told as well lmao. He put up the 2 black dogs and Bree.

I will be sure not to waste the time on a show hes judging again.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sucks you had to deal with that judge,but glad you guys had a good time getting some ADBA experience.Youre girls are gorgeous and im sure you have a bright future in store in the show circuit.Was this just a conformation event?Im not sure if you wp with them also...

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are only 13 months old so not pulling yet other that training. This had a WP as well and I believe Doug got some footage, but I am not sure. It was a small turn out for the WP. I was going to take Bee to pull but she is in heat. There were only 5 dogs that pulled I think.

This was also their first sanctioned show so hopefully we'll get a larger turn out next time.

·
Registered
780 Posts
They are only 13 months old so not pulling yet other that training. This had a WP as well and I believe Doug got some footage, but I am not sure. It was a small turn out for the WP. I was going to take Bee to pull but she is in heat. There were only 5 dogs that pulled I think.

This was also their first sanctioned show so hopefully we'll get a larger turn out next time.
Ok thats cool,i thought they were closer to 2 years! our girls just came out of heat luckily LOL.Theres another fun show soon and a sanctioned show.Loki did pretty good last time so hopefully his harness shows up soon for training and ADBA doesnt take too long to dual reg LOL.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts