Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Not placing sucks, but going to a dog show is still better than going to work. Better luck next time. And IMO the girls look great, and so does Earl. They're still just puppies. Give them time to mature before you go full-on conditioning them. (That's JMO of course. I started conditioning Terra when she was a year and a half, and that was probably still too young for her. I know better now.)

Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
I like to keep them in shape now, but I don't do any type conditioning regiment or anything. We play and they are fed right and thats all they get right now.

Xena is still in a gangly state and not maturing as fast as Crixus and thats what I meant of her not being "in condition".

Xena has the attitude for the ADBA ring though and I think shes going to really enjoy the dogs shows :D

Crixus enjoys me holding her so........ lol I think OB will be good for her as she is so bonded to me that we do well together. WP maybe, she is still thinking on it lol.

At the very least you got some experience and got to have some fun. I've heard UKC is way different than ADBA. UKC actually sounds a little more snotty. haha I hate to see Judges have preferences have pick dog's according to them. But they do. At the Norman show, the Best in Show class, every single dog was a fawn or buckskin or light red. So you know that judges favorite colors!

Discussion starter · #24 · (Edited)
Yes UKC is very different from ADBA not only in the dogs, but also the people. I found it to be a much more relaxing fun event than UKC shows.

It was perfect experience. As I can't handle both girls in the same class Peggy ( noodlesgranny) handles one for me. So this was her first time ever handling a dog and only her 2nd dogs show, so we had kinda thought it back and forth over who she should handle Xena or Crixus, but in the end her and Xena make a good team. So through out the girls time doing shows Xena will be handled by Peggy. Peggy also got a feel for the WP track which was great for her since she will be pulling Bee. She hadn't seen a WP yet so she was curious to see how it goes. We saw a dog that had not been trained and just put on the track and wouldn't pull and was scared, so she saw why it important we do drag work and work with them to get better pullers who enjoy it.

We also both wanted a feel for the ring before we had to go out and show with Lisa in July. We gotta be looking our best and like we know what we are doing in front of THE BREEDER! LMAO.

We can't wait till the next show now, we really had alot of fun with the girls.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Sorry to see you guys didn't place but it looked like a good day was had regardless!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
July 1st-2nd I have been meaning to get it posted in events I will get it up tonight.

Great pics!! The girls look really good, I like your dogs a lot :)

That sucks about the judge though, I would have been VERY annoyed as well..

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it :( I had a family emergency that happened yesterday, so we had to go do family stuff today. I was really looking forward to see my first show, weight pull and to meet you all.

I hope there's another one soon :)

OMG Holly I just found out from Goo that you are coming to the NM show, I am soooooooo freakin ecstatic to see you and the girls, this will mean that Earl is the only pup from this litter I have not met. And I am glad you liked the ADBA style, we are much more laid back. And as Stacia said don't mind Gary, he does know his dogs but his comments are somtetimes not needed. The girls look fabulous none the less. :D Hugs

Great pictures :) your pups are so pretty!

Earl is going to the NM show it is going to be a family affair! I can't wait to have all my pups in one place at one show!! I have always done great under the judges that are coming to NM and they seem to like my dogs. To have the whole litter there will be great! Tye you going to show one of the boys for me ;)

The girls will start to mature, Siren did not start winning till she filled in a bit. Get them in shape for the show!! ;)

I thought the girls looked great. I got the same ear comments from Gary. He came and asked "What happened to this dogs ears?" I simply answered back "I believe the Vet stole them." I did go up to Gary after the show and asked him out side of the cropped ears what other issues did you see with Earl. He said bring him over an I'll evaluate him. Gary said Earl is a solid 92 or 93 point dog, but he lacked excitement in the ring. He felt that our obedience training is not good for a show dog. I thanked him very much for is input and went on my merry way.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Wow my dog looks fabulous from another camera!!!! To bad your camera couldn't do much for my hair lmao.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
See, that's why I'm glad I don't consider my dog a show dog. That way she can be obedient, and know stuff, and mind her business, and nobody can say boo to me. LOL! I can see what they're saying, because it does give the dog a lot of control and they get less excited about the little stuff that drives some dogs nuts. But at the end of the day, I'm the one that's got to live with the dog. If she thinks she's too terribly cute, she's insufferable. :D

See that irritates me to NO end... Just because a dog is well behaved doesn't mean he isn't confident and comfortable in the ring.. a dog doesn't need to be crazy aggression in the ring, in fact most crazy aggressive ACTING dogs are just that..acting. I'd much rather see the alert confident dog then the nutty crazy dog.

My CH Maggie rarely fired off in the ring, in fact it was only seen maybe twice. She would stack and be perfectly calm. Now you crowd her with another dog and its a different story. She won multiple BOO, and BOS at Nationals in 05...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.