Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I know I haven't been posting much lately, having laptop problems. My mother allowed me to get on her computer for a bit.

I'm happy with how Dakota matured, his structure, temperament, and everything pretty much has gotten better now that he's 2 years old. (well in a few weeks June 8th)

Side profile:

Last year:

Recent:

His front:

Last year:

Recent:

We're peeling off the pounds and getting ready for sports this summer. We also visited the trainers at the shelter and a friend of mine got to play with my camera and take some pictures of me doing some fun stuff with Dakota. They needed training pictures for a project coming up.

"Bang!"

"High five!"

"Kiss"

"Bleib" (stay)

"Platz" (down) on recall

"Fuß" (heel)

Not during a heel, I think I dropped a treat or something.

"Jump"

Uhm... Dakota's failed attempt to catch a ball in midair. He wanted to go again right afterward, so I just threw lower ones.

Weight pulling, I walked a few laps around the field with him in just his harness to warm up, then we pulled a lighter tire to further warm up.

After a break and some water we started pulling what he's up to now, which is around 20-25lbs if you add the traction in too.

His lovely smile

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Very nice work! I was talking to KG about me and some of the crew coming up for some drag training with you guys :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow smart dog. Good work

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Great pics :) I had a blast yesterday, the river was fun when you get used to it lol :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!

And that would be awesome Holly! Let me know if you want "in in" and I'll put you on the club's emailing list.
There are no fees yet as the club is very new and we're still deciding things. We'll have club votes on things such as bylaws and membership fees.

Haha yeah, they were being goobers. I loved the snorkeling, Dakota found the end of that log that Dosia stood on. He tried to dive down and pull it up. Didn't quit work.
Nice place to cool down.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're in! :D
It'll be great having you. My grandmother's friend really wants to see your dogs too, she saw them in your signature while I was on the site. She loves Bumble Bee.

Do you need directions?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Nope just PM me an address to where ever I need to be and I will map quest it. I am going to bring up Bee, Xena and Snoop they are my pullers. :D

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Holly you can also meet here at my house and I can drive the rest of the way there, save you some gas ;) Also my truck seats 6 :D

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Holly you can also meet here at my house and I can drive the rest of the way there, save you some gas ;) Also my truck seats 6 :D
Nice I just mapped it and its 1 1/2 hrs from here. I am not sure about this weeked, but I will let ya girls know :D

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Cool :) It takes me about 15 to 20 mins to get there from my house. Half hour if I'm really slacking loll :) Yea just let me know if your up for it this weekend :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Great pics, Celeste!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great pics, Celeste!
Thank you, I love training so much fun when you see that light click on in their head and they start to understand something.

I'm very excited about next practice, so far 4 new dogs will be there hopefully.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Thank you, I love training so much fun when you see that light click on in their head and they start to understand something.

I'm very excited about next practice, so far 4 new dogs will be there hopefully.
You're right, that is a great feeling! Although quite often it's my head that the light clicks on in!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
YAY!!!!! I can't wait :) I have to remember shorts next time lol :D

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
hahahaha great pictures! I LOVE the last one :) cute upside down smile :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts