Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if there anyplace in the US that will watch my dogs for a year? particularly in FL.. I just wish someone would feed them right take them to training classed and exercised them.. Id pay for food,classed and a few grand for holding on to them. Id even pay vet bills with proof of injury.. I have 2 one year old dogs and id do anything for them to be taken care of and me get them back when i come back from Japan. I am really upset! someone please help!!!!!! What can i do?

· English Dogge Yard
3,447 Posts
Do you not have any family members that you trust? No one is going to treat your dogs as well as you do, but someone on here may be able to help you.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
If I lived closer Id help , I hope someone can help you since your helping out your country. are there any kennels near you { like breeders} that may help watch them?

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope No family, Only person is my dad and he has 3 dogs already and last time i trusted him with my dog he got her prego.. I looked for kennels i cant find any. I will ship my dog anywhere but id like for it to be around central florida just so my wife can visit them. She cant take care of them because she is going to live with her parents and we tryed everything to get them to let them stay. This sux so bad... I know nobody will take care of them like i do but I hope a few thousand dollars for the year can encourage it. I have to leave by monday.. found out yesterday i have to leave in 6days so i dont have much time!!!

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
if there anyplace in the US that will watch my dogs for a year? particularly in FL.. I just wish someone would feed them right take them to training classed and exercised them.. Id pay for food,classed and a few grand for holding on to them. Id even pay vet bills with proof of injury.. I have 2 one year old dogs and id do anything for them to be taken care of and me get them back when i come back from Japan. I am really upset! someone please help!!!!!! What can i do?
I don't understand how your inlaws can just say no to apart of your family, that being your dogs. Can't they go to Florida and be kept in a kennel on there property? It's bad enough you are being deployed to serve our country and now you are left to worry about your poor dogs fate. So sad.....I wish I lived closer to. I would help you out in a heartbeat! I hope you find some help :( I FOUND SOME WEBSITES for you! It's worth looking into it
http://guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/
https://www.netpets.org/militarypet/foster.php

Reactions: Gimbler

· Pits Are For Chicks
16,347 Posts
I'd gladly help you but I am on the wrong side of the states for what you are looking for.

· Pits Are For Chicks
16,347 Posts

· h2o APBTs
842 Posts
This might sound... crazy.. but I know the prisons near me will do things like this for people in need. The inmates care for and train the dogs while people are deployed, or their houses burn down. I saw this program first hand, and would recommend it, actually.

· SASSY MINX
3,481 Posts
I'd help you out if I had enough room & didn't already have two dogs & cats. I feel bad, if it were just Lex I'd say yes in a heart beat. But Lily is really DA & territorial :( & if something (God forbid) happened to your dogs I couldn't forgive myself... plus I'm kinda far from Central FL.:(

Does the military have any options or suggestions on what to do. Could they possibly have a program to offer?

Since you'll be in Japan will you be living in Baracks? Could your wife perhaps stay in her own place with the dogs near her parents?

· Registered
411 Posts
I don't understand how your inlaws can just say no to apart of your family, that being your dogs. Can't they go to Florida and be kept in a kennel on there property? It's bad enough you are being deployed to serve our country and now you are left to worry about your poor dogs fate. So sad.....I wish I lived closer to. I would help you out in a heartbeat! I hope you find some help :( I FOUND SOME WEBSITES for you! It's worth looking into it
http://guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/
https://www.netpets.org/militarypet/foster.php
Wow, I didn't even know there was a single program like that, let alone two. That looks like good and useful info.

· The Yard Of Many Colors
3,422 Posts
thats aweful!!! i couldnt imagine havin to leave my babies :( i hope you find someone to help take care of them

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey everyone, thank everyone of you for your support and concern, it really does mean alot. I have contacted two people via pm on this site, i am keeping my fingers crossed, but so far no luck! If you guys think of anything else please let me know. I am now looking for anywhere in the states... If anyone knows of someone who is trusted, I can set up an allotment for payment for the care of my dogs, this means you get the payment amount every 2 weeks and the money gets taken out of my direct deposit before it even hit my bank account. Thanks for your support guys

· APBT!
9,636 Posts
So, short notice orders... That really sucks. I take it your wife can't/doesn't want to stay in housing while your gone? Can she not take care of the dogs herself the way you would? I'm sorry to ask these questions, but I'm curious. What branch, if you don't mind me asking? I really hope you can get the help you need in time before you have to ship out. Please keep us posted, and God Speed.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Shana is in FL and she might be able to do it and I would trust her with my dogs and that says a lot! If not I might be able to take them I do have a boarding kennel and what's two more dogs ;) lol I will pm you my phone number and I will also talk to Shana and see what her situation is. Sorry to hear this but between Shana and myself we should be able to help you out.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, short notice orders... That really sucks. I take it your wife can't/doesn't want to stay in housing while your gone? Can she not take care of the dogs herself the way you would? I'm sorry to ask these questions, but I'm curious. What branch, if you don't mind me asking? I really hope you can get the help you need in time before you have to ship out. Please keep us posted, and God Speed.
Thanks for your concern, My wife is moving back to FL with her parents and they dont want the dogs there because of their dog and the baby which is comming soon. She wants to live with her parents so she isnt alone. I am in the Marines and yes very short notice, they were suppose to get the orders extended but it got denyed and they told me at the last minute. it was suppose to be a done deal wasnt planning on leaving for another month.. I will keep you all posted thanks

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shana is in FL and she might be able to do it and I would trust her with my dogs and that says a lot! If not I might be able to take them I do have a boarding kennel and what's two more dogs ;) lol I will pm you my phone number and I will also talk to Shana and see what her situation is. Sorry to hear this but between Shana and myself we should be able to help you out.
wow.. I am speechless.. i have sent you a PM. sending me you num would be great we can have a nice chat tomorrow and go over everything! i feel like im floating through the air right now...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.