Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Cute - Josey doesn't bark, but makes a few noises. Love your dog's ears. Bet you get the head shaking ear noises too. When Josey decides to get out of her bed in the morning and come out with us we 1st hear the ears flap and then the squeaky yawn. They are such fun dogs.

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Thats awesome, she actually barks. Ecko warbles.
Her markings are gorgeous BTW. :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
TOO CUTE! She's got Z's eyebrow too !! LOVE HER.
And Z does that loud yawn/whine thing too all the time. LOL.
LOVE this. Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cute - Josey doesn't bark, but makes a few noises. Love your dog's ears. Bet you get the head shaking ear noises too. When Josey decides to get out of her bed in the morning and come out with us we 1st hear the ears flap and then the squeaky yawn. They are such fun dogs.
LOL in the mornings she wants to be carried downstairs, i let the others out she still in bed, u hear her barking i go to check on her an she in bed waitin to be carried out, it wont be too long before i cant even lift her :rofl:

Thats awesome, she actually barks. Ecko warbles.
Her markings are gorgeous BTW. :)
LOL yup and at times it gets pretty annoying cuz i would be watchin a movie or editing pictures an she b barking up a storm,

TOO CUTE! She's got Z's eyebrow too !! LOVE HER.
And Z does that loud yawn/whine thing too all the time. LOL.
LOVE this. Thanks for sharing!
:D she has 2 differnt colour eyebrows ones white the other brown, pretty neat glad you liked the vid :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
OMG I could not stand the barking. Mel does one ba and before the rk I am telling him to knock it off, lol.

Cute pup though :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Very cute! Mine does this except it's more high pitched and he puts his paw on you. That's his sign for "mom, I'm bored, can we go play with the fox?"

Also...
Myth #4: Dominant behaviors in domestic dogs arise because the dogs do not respect the owners' "alpha" status.

The truth behind the myth: Many behaviors common to domestic dogs have been attributed to expressions of dominance. Does your dog push through doorways ahead of you? Does he bark or paw at you for attention? Does your dog pull on a leash so he is always ahead of you on a walk? Does he insist on being fed before your family sits down for dinner? Will your dog protest if you try to move him from a favored resting place? Will he growl if you try to take a prized possession (like a rawhide bone) away from him? Many sources of behavior and training information suggest that these behaviors clearly indicate that the dog is behaving 'dominantly' and is therefore trying to take over the 'alpha position' of the household. These sources suggest that ineffective leadership has led the dog to try to assert his own leadership over his family members, and that the way to resolve these issues is to ensure that the owner regains the respect and leadership afforded to the alpha wolf.

As we stated earlier, however, this is a gross oversimplification of the dominance concept. This oversimplification can lead owners to attempt ineffective or even harmful methods of trying to "show their dog who is boss." In fact, each of the examples given above is demonstrative of a dominant behavior: in each example, the dog is behaving in such a way as to gain control over resources (e.g., space or freedom, attention, food, etc.). However, simply because a dog behaves in this manner does not necessarily imply that he is trying to assert his 'alpha' status. Instead, he has probably learned that the behaviors he is exhibiting have earned him resources in the past! If pawing at you for attention gets the dog your attention, then clearly that behavior works! If growling at a person who tries to move a dog against his wishes gets that person to back away, then growling is a behavior that works. In each of these examples, however, the dominant action is not about controlling the owner-it is about controlling the resources that are important to the dog. This leads to an important point: Dominance is not an innate factor of your dog's personality. It is about his behavior. Personality traits may dictate how persistent the dog is about obtaining those resources. While certainly some dogs will exhibit more dominant behaviors than others, they frequently repeat these behaviors simply because they've worked for them in some capacity.

By understanding that dominance is not established by maintaining control over another individual but about controlling the resources important to that individual, dog owners will be able to teach their dogs appropriate ways to earn the things that are valuable to them. When evaluating suggestions for dealing with problem behaviors, particularly when those suggestions are based on a notion of dominance, pet owners should ask themselves if the suggested remedy is about controlling the dog or controlling the dog's resources.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Cute, I couldn't handle the attention barking though. you must have nerves of steel! LOL
:goodpost: I don't handle any barking lmao. Not one of my crew makes a peep other than Snoop occasionally will alert to something and Sophia like to let out 1 yap as you walk away sometimes lmao.

Its cute as long as shes not here lmao.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
:goodpost: I don't handle any barking lmao. Not one of my crew makes a peep other than Snoop occasionally will alert to something and Sophia like to let out 1 yap as you walk away sometimes lmao.

Its cute as long as shes not here lmao.
:rofl:
for reals!

I taught mine HUSH! and that is for Bogart mostly because he can hear a pin drop 5 houses down the road and go bananas!

Riley's my good one. I have to ask her to bark otherwise you never hear a peep out of her.<3

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Riley's my good one. I have to ask her to bark otherwise you never hear a peep out of her.<3
Thats like DuMae. I have heard her bark all of 5 times in her life lol. Slim whines though and GOD that irritates me lol.

I don't see how Lisa can listen to Siren lmao. I think it hilarious, but thats because I don't own her :D

Sorry for the high jack OP. :D

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Oh man, does Slim do those endless whines? those frizzle my nerves to the point I get irritated lol and Siren does have high pitched vocals do the girls have the same pitch when they Bark? I have always been curious.

and yeah, Sorry OP. :eek:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
do the girls have the same pitch when they Bark? I have always been curious.
I am fortunate to not know those answers lol. Xena is very quite as she is mommies perfect baby and Crixus whines a little if tethered out back where she can't see me. Occasionally she will let out 2 quick yaps which are hi pitch, but she doesn't do it continuously.

Of the things they inherited from Siren ( bone throwing, chewing) luckily it seems her singing was not one of the inherits lmao.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts