Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, a friend of mine recently got a new pup. She is a bull breed mix of some sort. Her name is Cocoa and she is the most tenacious little thing I've ever met, but she's so sweet and snuggly. We took her to the vet to get her first set of puppy shots. She instantly loved the vet (she's very people oriented so far). After, we went to tractor supply to get her a collar. Well my friend had to run into the bathroom and handed Cocoa to me. I waited outside the bathroom, Cocoa was being really sweet and just licking and licking my hand. A man walked up and just started petting her (WITHOUT ASKING, but that's a rant all on its own). She moved her head away from his head, the only person I've ever seen her not want to touch her. He kept touching her anyway. This all happened in a span of a few seconds and I was kind of shocked, or else I would have said something. Nobody has ever just touched my boys with out asking first.

So, he asks "what breed is she?".
I tell him, pit bull mix.

Suddenly he pulls away, all upset because his hand just touched, the dog version of Satan! He walked away even quicker than he put his grubby hands on her.

The looks and the judgement I'm used to, but no matter how long I keep these dogs, it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant people can be. Sometimes it's even funny, but it's still very annoying.

Bonus pics of little Cocoa I took while babysitting her and her human brother:

Sleepy pup.

Tiny feet.

Edit: the other day*, not today.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
We’ve ALL been there that’s for sure, both with the judgement of our awesome dogs AND with rude people who don’t ask before touching. There’s a group of kids around 8-10 years old in my complex that adore my dogs. Even after playing with them in several times, they still ALWAYS ask before touching or playing. It’s amazing how kids can be more polite and respectful than adults much of the time.

Cocoa is cute as all get out though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts