Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first introduced myself and Pinkie I told you Pinkie was overweight from her foster and needed to lose 15 pounds.
Well 3ish months later she has lost 14 pounds, showing me I was wrong she needed to lose more like 25 pounds. So she still has 10 more pounds to lose. The last 10 are proving to be a little more difficult to lose, but I am not as worried right now it is getting colder out. I have taken her off the large breed 4Health and changed to 4Health chicken and rice.

On a side note I have lost 20 pounds myself in the effort to walk/jog/run the weight off her.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
lmao great picture she looks ready for another run lol . ya thats always a nice bonus when we can shed weight with them lol :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Shes cute lol. Just bring her down nice and slow with diet and exercise until you get her looking at the weight you prefer.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Awesome about you losing the weight with her! She is looking good too! Remember that pit bulls are not a large breed so they should not be fed a large breed dog food. I cut out all wheat and gluten from Kangol's' diet and it has made a huge difference.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Keep up the good work. Congrats on loosing the weight yourself too. I know I need I to loose some weight but it is hard. I'm sure that you will have her looking good in a few more months.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome about you losing the weight with her! She is looking good too! Remember that pit bulls are not a large breed so they should not be fed a large breed dog food. I cut out all wheat and gluten from Kangol's' diet and it has made a huge difference.
Prior to learning a few thingsd here and going by her overweight weight, she fell into a weight class that the food companies call large. Hence the large breed to start with, plus it had the omega fatty acids, and chondroitin for her hips. I have since been giving her my human grade joint formula and the weight loss is helping he hips as well. So in trying to get the last few pounds off her I went away from large breed formula.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
good deal, keep up the good work. We just took twenty pounds off of an English Bulldog i took in almost a year ago. She is moving MUCH better... When she first got here she was having pain meds twice a day and was still miserable... now, i can honestly say she hasn't had pain meds in almost three months.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pinkie doesn't limp once a week or so any more, but the big weather change from 70 to 34 in one day had her limping. I know the weight loss has helped her hips, and I do have her on joint formula.

It's funny her and I seem to be progressing together. I have had 9 knee surgeries between the 2 knees, and she obviously has hip issues. As I lose weight my knees seem to take longer to hurt, and as Pinkie loses weight we can go on the same jog that had her limping now without limping. i have more weight to loose then her, but in percentage it is about the same. She is 63 pounds and needs to loose 10 pounds about %10ish, and I am 230 could loose 20 more pounds, about %10ish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts