Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry, i know ive made a few posts concerning questions about dogs giving birth but Im new to this process and I have one last question. My dog has a few boobs that are a lot bigger than the rest. They're mainly the back ones toward her tail. I think when she sits down to feed the pups they arent able to get to these ones as much as the others. I know the back ones tend to be larger then the front ones anyway but when I touch them you can tell there is a large amount of milk in them and I was wondering if this continues, when the pups stop having to nurse (they're about 4 weeks now) what happens to all the milk in there? I know some of the boobs wont completely go back to regular size but these ones sag really bad and I was wondering if the milk will dry up and reduce in size at all or what? Also I noticed some tiny scabs around these areas from puppy teeth and claws I guess, will this leave scars? Thanks a lot.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Some females will get very large back boobs. It depends on your girl on how they will dry up. Walking and light exercise can help. She will need to just get back in shape. Some female tone up nice while I have seen some that continue to sag, but not to many. With in 6 months she should look fine.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd agree. The milk will dry up just like in the others. After she has some time to recover from the birth you can also get her worked out and back in shape, which will help tighten everything back up. The scabs will heal up, shouldn't leave any noticeable scars, the soars can happen often when the pups get older. You could put some ointment on them to help sooth them for the time being and to help her heal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts