Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
yes sir, thats no less than I expect of a dog with the title Southern Inferno~ Great clip, thanks for sharing for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Can't view in Australia!:confused: Congrats nonetheless, mate.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
That's interesting. I didn't know they did hog catch-and-release. I've only seen the catch-and-kills.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Large boar can have a funny taste to them. Result of the testosterone shot and stress that is put on them from being dogged. Since the meat on these large boar isn't ideal, instead of just killing the hog a leaving it to waste, many hunters will castrate them and let them go to catch another day. This is where you will see the term "barr hog", just means a castrated boar. An added benefit of castration is it changes the boar's focus from eating and breeding to just eating and thus you will see rapid growth in the hog since all he is worried about is food!

I can tell you one thing, there is nothing like that time waiting in the tree for the hog to take off. Wish we had cameras rolling when I was down there in April. The boar we caught didn't just lay there; as soon as Cory pulled the hobbles that monster was right on him, tried to jump up in the tree with us before plowing through the woods like a bulldozer.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
^^^^hahahaha an "oh :poop: !! " moment for sure ;) Good times. Kinda miss them times. thanks for the story, should add some to working dog; Fast Times Hog High! LOL

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Definitely a time to be proud, excellent dog, great work and that work is paying off for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts