Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
southern kennels like barracuda and mayday? heard alot of shady stuff about him sends pups no papers then you bug him for the papers and you still dont get em. never delt with them personally and dont think i'll chance it.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
If your talking about Victor Aycart from Southern Kennels do not buy a dog from him you will never see it. And if your lucky it may show up months later without a pedigree. There are better kennels out there running the Mayday Blood if that's what you are looking for.

I am assuming this is who you are referring to

Southern Kennels

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
If your talking about Victor Aycart from Southern Kennels do not buy a dog from him you will never see it. And if your lucky it may show up months later without a pedigree. There are better kennels out there running the Mayday Blood if that's what you are looking for.

I am assuming this is who you are referring to

Southern Kennels
Didn't he leave the country?

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I wanted a dog off him but there is plenty of Mayday blood around lol.

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
I just came in to say that I heard shady stuff about that kennel, but it seems like I was beat by Sadie ;)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
its a shame really, great dog came from a shady person

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Victor really went down hill when he lost Mayday I think it did something to the man.
I think it did more than something, its a shame but as everyone else has said i wouldn't attempt anything with him now in days.

Would be nice to see a comeback but i think after Mayday he lost a part of himself. Careless now in recent years if you ask me.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
It messed up his world that's for sure sometimes I think people just have to understand that game dog's are once in a lifetime Mayday no matter how great of a box dog and producer he was there could only be one of him. That goes for every great box dog and producer throughout the history of our breed. Every game dog has it's day in time and makes it's mark that is what makes each of them so memorable and special in their own way and we have their offspring to remember them.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
It messed up his world that's for sure sometimes I think people just have to understand that game dog's are once in a lifetime Mayday no matter how great of a box dog and producer he was there could only be one of him. That goes for every great box dog and producer throughout the history of our breed. Every game dog has it's day in time and makes it's mark that is what makes each of them so memorable and special in their own way and we have their offspring to remember them.
:goodpost: Agree'd... For some they get addicted to that feeling.. That feeling of accomplishment and that sense of pride knowing all that hard work paid off beyond anything imaginable... and just like that its gone. So many excellent game dogs but only a handful stand out among the rest. If you were honored enough to be apart of the latter, it took you down when that day passed or ended up "passing on"..

Then you have those that realize what they had and it takes their entire life in for a spin when its over because...after all...how is it possible to achieve greater? How can you look at any dog the same? In sense it can change your mindset and you realize that brief moment is now history, its hard to overcome.

Granted, this doesn't happen to all to the level of which it does to some but i do believe its understandable. For those it affects the worst..its time to let go.. Be involved without breeding..hang it up or some how get past the rut without damaging the breed, your name or causing problems with other doggers..

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
This kind of goes back to what I have been trying to explain to other's about how dog men had more than just a box connection with their hounds. A gambler is different than a dog man a gambler is only in it for the money a dog man is in it for the love of the sport and the dogs. You spend your enitre life raising a yard full of dogs watching them grow and become larger than life you end up having that special bond with that special game dog who ends up with a special place in your heart. It's like with Pat Patrick he sold buck as a pet and later tried to buy him back after buck made GR CH Patrick never produced a dog better than Buck in his career not even remotely close. Dog's like Mayday come once in a lifetime there can never be a replacement no matter how many offspring he carries on today.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
This kind of goes back to what I have been trying to explain to other's about how dog men had more than just a box connection with their hounds. A gambler is different than a dog man a gambler is only in it for the money a dog man is in it for the love of the sport and the dogs. You spend your enitre life raising a yard full of dogs watching them grow and become larger than life you end up having that special bond with that special game dog who ends up with a special place in your heart.
This could go for any type yard owner, not just box dogs. When you put your time and effort into raising a yard for whatever venues you are in you get a bond to your animals and what you produce. You have your dogs that mean more to you, but regardless of what you are doing with your dogs when you build a yard and put in that dedication and then its gone you are going to be missing a part of yourself as many of us dog people, whether we own 1 dog or a yard of dogs they become a part of who we are and what we are so when you have been with these animals for the amount of time a large yard owner has you become one and the same not just man and animal.

It is unfortunate to see an man like this go the wrong way, rather than still producing great dogs.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Reactions: Firehazard

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Sadie hit it square on... Its this case with all working class animals and even more so the rodeo stock animals as well as work and game stock bulldogs.. All animals we have horses, dogs, are tools first. The companionship is a perk and all show stock started as workers and the ones that just happen to catch the eye more so than the others. The problem is PROVEN.. from horses to dogs; they have to prove they are what they are other wise its just people breeding pretty animals with no way to ensure undesired traits don't continue. Hips Knees and all that testing is okay I guess, working animals are the test .. they can't work with that nonsense and don't make the cut.

I have a working quality Karelian that I cannot breed cause she has turned out to have a bad knee from genetic stacking without proper culling. I was sent the pup that had more drive than any of two litters and drive and intelligence she has however if they worked and proved the dogs against bear consitantly the dogs with bad knees or hips wouldnt get that far. So goes for stock dogs, race horses, rodeo horses and every other animal developed for work before CAPITALISTS decided that work is now sport because work earns capital. How we have confused the heck out of everything just because why??

I tell you this.. IF I get an animal and its supposed to be a worker, I expect a worker. I dont expect bad hips knees or any of that and all that paper testing doesnt do it either. If I buy a horse its gonna be from rodeo or mustang stock .. IF i buy chickens its the Irish piles and so forth so I don't expect a rhode red or a back yard pony.

pretty pictures are a dime a dozen.. masterpieces are few and far between. The great ones do only come once a lifetime for most of us, sometimes we get 2 or 3 chances at it. People who are into any working line of animal strictly for the money isn't in it for the animal and just because they are MR GOT ROCKS doesnt mean they take care of animals any better. VICK CHOKED A DOG TO DEATH ON CAMERA.. but with a plea bargin hes charged with DF and is a spokesperson for HSUS and even gets to have a dog again. HE KILLED A DOG WITH HIS BARE HANDS CAUSE IT DIDNT MAKE HIM MONEY .. HE can turn more capital playing football (BECAUSE OF EVERYONE WATCHING) than MOST of us will make in a lifetime... Just because a man can build a fancy kennel, buy the most expensive food, collars, and accessories doesn't make them the better man/woman; it just means they have ends in their pocket.

Its a neat piece to know you have a animal from private stock or animal that thousands was offered for and failed to purchase yet a person rich in integrity picks up the animal for next to nothing. Usually how Champs are made and dogmen, rodeo cowboys/girls fall into the game. Make CH once and thats all she wrote.. your hooked. Usually forever trying to reproduce that ONE.

@ "Diggit" .. I like that breeding alone because of the voodoo.. one of my favs down from capp

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.