Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like there are a lot of back handed comments about the SPCA posted sometimes (not just here but other Pit Bull groups) Just wondering what people have against them? I have only had good dealings with them and not sure of its just because I live near a huge one in the city and in the burbs there are other issues they deal with? They are having their yearly S/N/chip your pit bull day in the next few weeks. Sooo cheap for you to do all three, I think its a great thing for them to offer people with affordable budgets. Just curious about what I am missing about their history that makes people with pit bulls so anti spca. PETA I can understand, but why the SPCA??

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
The HSUS is the bad one. Many local SPCA's do good however some are just as crocked as the HSUS. So it depends on if people your actually referring to the Human Society or just your local shelter.

Now the HSUS What is bad about them? They take in Thousands of dollars and not a penny helps animals.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I find here they are discrimatory towards our breed and they are just out to make money IMO. I will never support the SPCA from storys we have heard and things we have seen dealing with them. I support no kill shelters and private rescues like our buly rescue Hug 'A " bull . JMO. here the SPCA is just another outlet for the city to make money they charge outragious amounts to register bully breeds and they are fast to euthanize here any breed that is bully, yet lil mutts that nip and bite more people then our breed does are put 1st.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, thank you for replying. Not sure if we have HSUS out here that I know of, the MSPCA site says its an independent organization. Just curious cause they are my emergency vet and didn't know what the issue might be. seems like they are not HSUS, from what I am reading...

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
spca is cool, Ive always had good dealings with them. the humane society on the otherhand, was the reason that orphans of the storm no longer accepts pitbulls into the system. Carley and I are no longer associated to Orphans of the storm

·
Registered
287 Posts
i have not had any issues with the local spca or the local humane society, aside from neighbors calling the animal control on me basically because i have pit bulls. as far as the HSUS goes, i will not say what i think should be done with them on a public forum. read up on the HSUS and what theyve done to our breed and youll understand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts