Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 yr old female blue nose AMPT, has a spot on her hind leg that is raised and about the size of a quarter. 2 months ago she had one and my vet. Could noy confirm ring worm but still had me treat her for it. The spot is back raised and full of infection, I have her on cephalexin 500mg now and neospoein cream. My vet said she has a secondary skin I.fection that makes a first hand infection worse. What is this spot and whats the best way to treat it. I will email a picture of her spot if need too.

Thank you
Ashley

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Ringworm is highly contagious....are you showing any signs of it? I had a persian kitten that had it and I also got it, as well as my other cat. If your vet can't confirm if it is ringworm then I would question why treat for it? Though, if she does have an infection then cephalexin would be needed. Just strange to me that your vet couldn't diagnose it properly. My vet diagnosed it right away. Is it only one spot? Also, these dogs are known to have skin issues especially blue dogs. What are you feeding for food? It could be allergies or a hot spot. Is the spot red at all? Sounds like it is red and puss filled if it is infected. Sorry for all the questions just need more info and a picture would be great ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Spot

Unfortunately im very atuned to ringworm I used to work in an animal shelter. I have two other pit bulls and a kitten, none of them are showing signs of ringworm . I keep them on purena dog food brand. She is up to date on all vax, and on flea and heartworm preventatives. Shes entirely a house dog other than walks, I give her baths and her crate is kept clean. Her spot is raised reddish and puss filled . Maybe the antibiotics cephalexin 500mg are workin a lil cause its not as bright red, its more pink today. Yes its only one spot.My email is [email protected] if you want to see a picture of her spot.

Thankyou
Ashley

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
But ringworm is highly contagious.....yes? Also, I would get your dogs off Purina dog food as it is junk food made with corn, fillers, and by-products. There are alot of better quality foods out there if you do the research. Taste of the wild, Wellness, Blue buffalo, Orijen, Acana, Natural balance and all of those have grain free formulas which are considered a more species appropriate diet as dogs don't need grains. Also, some dogs can be sensitive to all those flea and tick oils you put on them which are loaded with pesticides and chemicals. You could also look into getting some nu stock ointment as it is used to treat mange, ringworm and other types of skin problems. It also stimulates new hair growth. Just figured I would throw all that info out there for you :) Never anything wrong with learning better nutrition and care for your pets ;) We all start somewhere. Here is the link for the nu stock. I have used it for demodectic mange and it works amazing! Nu-Stock - Topical treatment for Horses, Dogs, and Cattle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts