Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the snow will be melting soon. (hopefully) Before you know it, it will be Spring. Time to set up the chicken house. My question is; How do I introduce the pup (now 4 mo.) to chickens and they all live happily ever after? (pun intended):)

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
haha all I have to say is good luck! my guys would LOOOVVVEEE it if i set up a chicken coop, bon appetite and all that jazz lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha all I have to say is good luck! my guys would LOOOVVVEEE it if i set up a chicken coop, bon appetite and all that jazz lol
That is very funny Aireal. As fate would have it we planned "Chickens next Spring" a year ago. Then later came,..."Honey, lets go check out these bulldog pups. Just to look." We have had about a dozen bulldogs in the past. All seemed very trainable compared to the teenages we are trying to train now :)

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
That is very funny Aireal. As fate would have it we planned "Chickens next Spring" a year ago. Then later came,..."Honey, lets go check out these bulldog pups. Just to look." We have had about a dozen bulldogs in the past. All seemed very trainable compared to the teenages we are trying to train now :)
ya sorry i just couldn't resist, i dunno my bulldog would be better then say the husky for sure, or even the poodle. they seem to have more focus, i would have to agree wit amiee and say go with the leave it command, that command is awesome and has saved by butt tons in the past!

Reactions: NITRAM2K9

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I introduced mine to the chicks while on leash first to see how they would react.
And the minute they showed a bad kind of interest,ya know like a gulp gulp interest,I yanked on the leash to get their attention while telling them NO very firmly.All they do is sniff them now.
They do fine while I'm out there with them.But I wouldn't trust 1 out of my 3 to not eat them if I wasn't around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.