Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I post this its 72 :D and rising .. mind my Okie accent it just is..
Take from it what you will all for educational reasoning for the purpose of safety for your dog and yourself. Have fun; keep on bulldoggin'..........

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Good video for those interested or needing info on how to set one up. I cringe when i see people having it set 5 to 7ft high. I'm sure this will help some people out on here Stan.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good video for those interested or needing info on how to set one up. I cringe when i see people having it set 5 to 7ft high. I'm sure this will help some people out on here Stan.
:goodpost: me too! some people have the wits and the dogs geared for the job.. the most part is just pet dogs and they arent ready physically or mentally for the feat. .

Mind the video its just slap shot together..

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, thanks, ya'll.. .. :pup: love to see high jump contest and all that too; but every dog has their edge.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
:goodpost: me too! some people have the wits and the dogs geared for the job.. the most part is just pet dogs and they arent ready physically or mentally for the feat. .

Mind the video its just slap shot together..
Well even with dogs that are fit for it there is a high risk the way some of these people put them together. I've seen them set up where a pile of rocks or concrete are close enough to where if landing isn't perfect these end result is injury..No matter the drive or how the dog was bred. Best judgement and common sense goes a long way like you mentioned towards the end of the video.

I've never started dogs out on high spring poles, i admit i've done 5 ft in the past (hell both of mine can easily hold 6ft, myles 7ft if i let them) though it wasn't a common practice and it wasn't frequent. I could of went higher but imo theres not really a reason, hard bite and enough to get all fours off the ground will do just as well. No need to have them fling themselves from a run 10 - 12ft in the air just to have them land wrong and end up with a hefty bill to correct/fix. Spring isn't the only exercise out there and it all boils to genetics anyway. Whether its working out or any line of work (hunting, protection, herding etc) either the dog has it or they dont.

Hopefully people will take time to pass this video around to educate on proper methods for set up.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
if its too high for Diesel he will run up the tree and jump off after it... lol

like so.. the rope got stuck after it shot up over the limb..

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Hey FH, thanks for that video, it's a good one! I was going to reply to you in the pic thread of my boy working the rope but saw this thread instead. Now I know what you meant!

Most of the time, I keep it around the same height as you, high enough for a little jump but low enough for a full bite. That was one of the few times where I really had it up there haha.

Cool video, Hoagie is BAD A.. well you know ;)

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if its too high for Diesel he will run up the tree and jump off after it... lol

like so.. the rope got stuck after it shot up over the limb..

‪Picture 002‬‏ - YouTube
:clap::goodpost: hahaha! I love me some tree climbers! A **** is screwed if a dog like that is on its heels..

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mind the lingo please.... and the brain farts no IM NOT on painkillers, I just have 6 kids, every spare moment is a moment not to forget my arse.

The Best Hardware~

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
nice fh, thanks for posting. this the dog in your avatar?

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^^ :rofl: yeah .. huh! @ OP^^^ yes thats the hogdog aka hoagie aka Bozz Hog(papered name).

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
this is my hardware setup..
the chain is Dre's old choker
heavy duty clamp
80lb trampoline spring
rope

the tree is worn from the old chain .. it was a jagged polycoated chain(very rough)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts