Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a reasonably long legged staffordshire bull terrier, it is illegal to keep a pitbull terrier here in n.ireland. i know that pitbulls and staffords are probably more closely related than any other 2 breeds of dog when you study the lineage of both dogs, i'm just wondering has anyone got any experience of having a stafford pull weights? and if so what kind of results did you get? my lil guy is 8 months now and starting to get curious about giving it a go with some light weight or getting him used to a harness now for later on.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
:welcome: to GoPitBull.com

without a pedigree~
Its a bulldog, bandog, or a terrier depending on its size and function :D keep it simple and dodge all the Hail and Brimstone~

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm doing something similar, just for excercise and development, but so far just been clipping into Max's leather walking harness just to see if he showed any interest, or was afraid of something following while he pulled etc .... and he absolutely loves it now after only about 3 or 4 attempts :D, wants to work hard, and gets all excited when he knows what he's doing!

I just need to find a pull harness now to fit him which isnt that easy over here :hammer:

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
I'm doing something similar, just for excercise and development, but so far just been clipping into Max's leather walking harness just to see if he showed any interest, or was afraid of something following while he pulled etc .... and he absolutely loves it now after only about 3 or 4 attempts :D, wants to work hard, and gets all excited when he knows what he's doing!

I just need to find a pull harness now to fit him which isnt that easy over here :hammer:
mightyharness.com

·
Registered
776 Posts
staffy bulls are great pullers ! Rememer , you can do alot of damage to a pup if you work it too hard when its still developing! you got more then a year to go before i would start really plowin with him! very light weight to get used to it is acceptable tho .. just dont let your testosterone think for you and youll be good!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
any dog can make a great puller as long as you get their head in the right place.. doesnt matter the breed or the size :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts