Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so with it gettin so cold here lately and the dogs not being especially fond of the cold I've been struggling to find a way to wear George out. Been wishin I had a treadmill, and although we have been on a few walks the cold kills me so walks end up just being short training sessions before we duck back into the house. Well my genious self thought yesterday I should just play fetch with him downrstairs... On linoleum... Didn't work out so well. Lol. Anyhow- I realized the stairs an decided to do that. Throw the ball and he chases. Lol. that whole story is just so you all know how amazing I am lol. Kidding. So my question is- first round we played about 20 minutes and went back a few hours later for another 15. We played almost half an hour today and I noticed him slowin down on the way back up the stairs. So here's my question- how do I gauge how long to play? I'm not necessarily looking to get him super ripped, although that would be nice, I really just wanna wear him put so he behaves. He's almost 1 1/2 and seems to have more energy left over... He has never liked to flirt. He would probly like a spring pole but it's not an option here as I'm renting... Suggestions or guidelines how to judge how long is too long or long enough to exercise?

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I do it- I just do thirty reps.
But to keep him interested- you need to stop while he wants more. Does he play tug of war? I don't use a flirt pole but I play tug of war with mine almost every day - I have him jump and hang. I make Him jump more for the first ten mins then I have Him tug and hang for another 10. It's a work out for me too so we both benefit.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
That sound good Mach. I would sya too to stop when he is still wanting to go. I do the satirs with Vendetta we run them for about 20-25mins she would go longer but I am sick of it by then.

They are kind of expensive but I bought one of those brain teasers for Vendetta you hide treats in it and she has to figure out where the treats are. It is fn and she gets a mental work out. I also hide treats for her around the house then I call her and hse need to find it. I use her ball too but then she REALLY likes her ball so she will search for hours for it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol. He's almost as tall as me and 70 pounds... Tug wears me out way faster than him and there is no hang involved... I don't mind doin stairs I just am lookin for guidelines. His drive is seemingly increasing from his lazy pup stage and i don't wanna keep pushing him on the stairs after he's already got a good work out. Don't need him goin head over feet...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts