Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and had a question. I have a bullie that is 4 years old and in the last month or so ive noticed a she has a limp in one of her back legs that looks like it is progressively getting worse. Exspecially in the last week, so I plan on getting her to vet soon to be checked out. My question is since I have already researched and found out bullies are canidates for hip diplaysia could this be something else, or is this probably what her and I are up against. I appears to only be one of her legs. Thanks and I hope this is in the right forum or thread.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
My guess is you have a partially or completely torn ACL or meniscus. Nothing you can do but go to the vet and have it checked out. No running or playing too hard some good rest should help out. If it is something that has been going on for a while then that is my guess. You can always try crate rest for at least a week where you let her try and heal it it could be as simple as a torn muscle. If she is still limping especially after exercise then my bet is the knee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow that sound far better than hip displaysia. I was playing with her a little hard, she loves to chase this lazer I have. I point it on the ground and she goes nuts trying to catch it, but i noticed she tends to go to crazy for it and wondered if it might be to much. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Yeah you want to avoid sharp turns and anything they can really hurt their knees. If it is a blown ACL surgery can be 1600-3000 depending on what type you have to do. I am doing the same surgery on one of my dogs and it is will be 1600.... UGH I hate when knees go but your right it is better than hips. There is the possibility of the other one going out since it is working harder to compensate for the injured knee so the sooner you can get it fixed the better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so the vet should be able to tell me whats going. No more lazer it was such a blast for both of us, but now my baby is hurt. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts