Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is in the right fourm but anyways my pup(about 4 months) has a tendncy to step into the spot where he urinated or (not so much anymore) where he poos. Its annoying because he likes to sleep on my bed especially when I'm not there with him. He does it often after he pees is there anyway to correct this?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Can you designate a spot where he goes thats far enough away from where you hang and play with him? or walk him to go the bathroom before you go hang outside in your yard? I don't let my boy go in my yard (I have a tiny .08 acres) we have a spot up the street and before I go outside I walk there and then I don't have to worry about him walking through it.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
huh interesting that this is an issue, I guess we are such dog ppl that never bothers us, lol. I would not make a big deal or try to correct the dog because he does not know he is stepping into it. You can try to get him in one location but he still might step in it. My suggestion is if it weirds you out, get an antibacterial wipe and wipe the paws when you let him back in.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
You ever wonder what other kind of stuff he's stepping into when you walk him? Sorry to put this in your head lol.

For some reason it sounds like you are potty training inside? If that's the case make sure you pick a spot far from other stuff?

If outside and in a leash just make sure to move him away asap.

if outside and unleashed in yard or something, try using a leash until he goes int he right spot, then removing the leash. They become pretty good a pee-ing and pooping in the same spot after a while.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When he was younger he would poop and then step through it sometimes the poop would be wet too so he would spread it on the floor. He doesn't really do that anymore but he does step through his pee sometimes. Hes gettin better now at avoiding it he doesn't seem to do it as much anymore. I have an area in my back yard i take him to in the morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts