Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't know how much he eats vs just chewing up, but Conner absolutely LOVES sticks.
We've had to put makeshift fences around all the "wooden plants" as he will just take branches off.
Not too concerned about the plants, hubby not thrilled.
Biggest concern is if he's eating the wood, how bad is this? Everything has been ok so far. I know it's not great, but is it ok to give him some old sticks to keep him away from the plants? Or, what would be a good alternative? He has loads of nylabones in the house.

·
Administrator
5,640 Posts
Hey BZOO. My boy Ranger loves to chew sticks. If he can't find one, he will go and pull one of the bushes in my yard. I recently read an article on why and is it bad for them. If you're interested, click HERE.

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, I don't know how much he eats vs just chewing up, but Conner absolutely LOVES sticks.
We've had to put makeshift fences around all the "wooden plants" as he will just take branches off.
Not too concerned about the plants, hubby not thrilled.
Biggest concern is if he's eating the wood, how bad is this? Everything has been ok so far. I know it's not great, but is it ok to give him some old sticks to keep him away from the plants? Or, what would be a good alternative? He has loads of nylabones in the house.
Does he have access to grass and does he eat it?
It's just an observation, but I've never had issues with dogs eating odd stuff, but they DO have access to grass/dirt and are allowed to eat what they want. Do they get something from grass/dirt that keeps them from eating things like sticks? Don't know -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts