Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as just now walking to the mailbox with my 10 year old 1/2 pit 1/2 gsd family pet and my neighbor was riding his bike past with his aggressive chocolate lab and his red nose. Neither had a leash on and he said, " I just had to pull my red nose off the neighbors dog." right at that time I saw my dog and his red nose in "the tail up hackles up stance" ready to go at it. I grabbed my dog and I yelled at him to grab his dog.

WE split them up before nothing got too bad, but I dragged my 10 year old in the house. I went back out and told him he needs a leash and how his red nose was nervous being out of their yard for the first time. I also told him how my 10 year old dog would not back down even if she was 10!

His response was, " I wanted to see what she would do." I said, well now you know." He went back home again with both dogs not on a leash and who should have cut through the woods to my fenced yard??? His red nose. Not 2 seconds later, my crew in our fenced in backyard was cutting UP!!! So I ran out there again and he had a leash this time to put on his red nose.

I then told him how another neighbor's bull terrier was shot in the face with buckshot and a .22 across the street in the other direction just Monday the day before yesterday! The guy that did was unremorseful because he said, " There is a leash law here and he was in my yard. I can shoot anything I want because it is on my property." To be fair, he is correct about the leash law.

I am so very thankful for my fenced yard and the precautions I take but oh boy, here we go a neighborhood issue.

I am still shaking from the almost tiff that happened with my family pet. Does the spring also encourage the blossoming of idiots!!?? Whew! I am glad we are all safe.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Man I hate that. I got stuck with the shakes yesterday. It sucks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Oh, how scary that must have been. I just don't understand why people don't put their dogs on leashes!!! It DRIVES ME NUTS!!! URGH!!!

I hope that you never have a run in like that again, but knowing your neighbor, he just doesn't seem to "get it"....hopefully you made him understand the seriousness of it all.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Sorry but if that was me I would have called animal control on his ass for not having his dogs leashed that goes against leash laws .. What an idiot! He is bound to have problems and someone's dog will eventually get hurt if he keeps up his expirements. He needs a wake up call and some citations for pulling these little stunts! Maybe after a visit from the law he will keep his damn dogs leashed. I am sorry but this is just plain foolish and uncalled for.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That's horible to hear. Dog owners like that definatly do not belong owning dogs. Why wud u put a dog in harms way just 2 see "wat wud happen". Ignorence and stupidity

·
Registered
224 Posts
No fun for you huh? I hate it when people just let their dogs do whatever. I had 2 dogs off leash come around my 2 dogs and Indi pee'd her pants cause one of the dogs ran right up to her and the other charged Kallie..Indi has never been a nervous pee'er, she loves all the dogs she meets. Some people can be so dumb.

3,968 Posts
man thats a bummer people like that give pitbulls and pitbull owners a bad name!!!!:stick:. well he sounds like the type of person who would steal someones beutiful dog out of their yard and have his dog go at it. those types of people do exist someone in my school got areested one time he threw a party had a pit doberman mix and everyone was drunk and wanted to see how viciouse the pit doby mix could be so for party entertainement he went and stole a 10 month old pure bred papered collie pup about 15 houses away and has his dog kill it in the basement... eventually someone from the party came clean. man that kid was lucky i didnt go!! his dog was truely not a fighting dog and was considered a family pet but the family did not know what to do about the da they were going to get rid of it but their son payed them for the dog and took full responsability for it when it came to caring for the dog and expense wise.

what the hell did that guy think would happen he knowingly brings an agressove pit around your dog on your dog territory he thinks you dog is going to lick his pit and wag her tail!? dogs are real big on picking up vibes even the freindliest dog would not respond politely to such agressive high and mighty signals! i think he kne damb well at what would have happened he just wanted to get a sick little thrill of having to break up a major dog fight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry but if that was me I would have called animal control on his ass for not having his dogs leashed that goes against leash laws .. What an idiot! He is bound to have problems and someone's dog will eventually get hurt if he keeps up his expirements. He needs a wake up call and some citations for pulling these little stunts! Maybe after a visit from the law he will keep his damn dogs leashed. I am sorry but this is just plain foolish and uncalled for.
You know who I feel sorriest for in this example? The dog. What a miserable life it likely leads with a negligent, careless owner.

3,968 Posts
You know who I feel sorriest for in this example? The dog. What a miserable life it likely leads with a negligent, careless owner.
i agree from the way the owner sounds...the dog is headed for a bleak future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yep, sooner or later, his dog is going to pay for his stupidity.... it seems the wrong animal winds up getting hurt....

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I agree some people should not be allowed to own animals of any sort. This guy is more dangerous than his dogs because of his ignorance it is going to get another dog/animal hurt or killed. Which is why I would have called animal control it may not stop him in the future from being an idiot but once he's warned by the law and he does it again he could have his rights to owning pets revoked for good. This really upsets me because I know the outcome and his dogs and all pit bull type dogs will suffer at the hands of his foolish mistakes. Just one more dog attack we don't need in the public eye people don't see it's the owner's stupidity and lack of better judgement they always blame the dog/breed in the end. :rain:

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
thats one reason why if i didnt live in an apartemnt and my own yard, i would have a rifle.
if someones dog jumped a fence and went into my yard to get at my dogs, i would shoot the other dog no hesitation. it wouldnt be the dogs fault if it died, it would be the owners. im sorry about your trouble thats garbage.

·
Registered
298 Posts
man thats a bummer people like that give pitbulls and pitbull owners a bad name!!!!:stick:. well he sounds like the type of person who would steal someones beutiful dog out of their yard and have his dog go at it. those types of people do exist someone in my school got areested one time he threw a party had a pit doberman mix and everyone was drunk and wanted to see how viciouse the pit doby mix could be so for party entertainement he went and stole a 10 month old pure bred papered collie pup about 15 houses away and has his dog kill it in the basement... eventually someone from the party came clean. man that kid was lucky i didnt go!! his dog was truely not a fighting dog and was considered a family pet but the family did not know what to do about the da they were going to get rid of it but their son payed them for the dog and took full responsability for it when it came to caring for the dog and expense wise.

what the hell did that guy think would happen he knowingly brings an agressove pit around your dog on your dog territory he thinks you dog is going to lick his pit and wag her tail!? dogs are real big on picking up vibes even the freindliest dog would not respond politely to such agressive high and mighty signals! i think he kne damb well at what would have happened he just wanted to get a sick little thrill of having to break up a major dog fight.
omg this is a terrible story that scares me so much and i cant believe it happened its hard to imagine the sh!t people do now adays for entertainment
thats why i cant leave my dogs out side for more then 15-20 min at a time and most of the time i spend all the time with them outside freezing my buns off or boiling my skin off........... people make me sick!

·
Registered
298 Posts
animal control his a$$ for sure you dont want your dog to come out on top and he crys saying your dog attacked his (even tho his started everything just wasnt man enough to step up)

make his life a living he!! for sure maybe have a break stick out by the mail box or soemthing.... or a shovel..... or a metal base ball bat (wood dont cut it with this breed) i am not saying attack his dog or anything but be prepared
for the oops situation when this guy gets what he wants(or he thinks he wants)

·
Registered
164 Posts
WOW.....I am so sorry that you had to deal with such a fool!!!!! I cant STAAAND people like that! Why do people think they do not need to control their animals???<<(dont answer that...people dont control THEMSELVES, let alone their pets.)
Im relieved that nothing worse happened after that altercation.I get chills thinking about it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wow........People like that get to my last nerve. Pathetic excuse for a human being it makes me FLIPPIN ANGRY.:mad: Was that metal bat for the dog or the owner? cause I sure as heck would miss the dog on purpose to smack the ignorance outta that fool.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow........People like that get to my last nerve. Pathetic excuse for a human being it makes me FLIPPIN ANGRY.:mad: Was that metal bat for the dog or the owner? cause I sure as heck would miss the dog on purpose to smack the ignorance outta that fool.
of course its for the owner for the most part if the dog goes after you or the dog then i would use it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts