Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Love Onyx :) he is stunning ! Great job with him brother :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
What a beautiful little guy he is :love: I love that deep shiny black, gorgeous!!!!!

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Looking good !!!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks gang. He hovers around 36-37lbs and stripping down. He is getting further from a confirmation apperance, and i refuse to fatten him up just to stand still. He likes physical activities, more physical the better

I'd love to have an SBT. It's just hard to find them.
Nahhh not at all. Since i have went to akc/ukc events i know where not to go if i were to pick another. They are in their own small community, and i like having a not so mainstream dog. I got luck with my pick of onyx, he has far exceeded my dream of a sbt. I am starting to learn how to channel him into a working direction, and he wants more and more every time he gets a new experience

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Looks pretty good, have any plans or goals with weight?

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Great pics Jimmy!! Onyx is looking great as always, one of my favorite little black dogs on here :)

Is he looking at you in that first pic?? Lol it looks like he's peeking at you out the corner of his eye haha. Whitman does the same thing as Onyx in the last pic too, drops his butt all the way down lol.

I'm actually in the middle of posting spring pole pics of Whit right now haha :p

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Thanks gang. He hovers around 36-37lbs and stripping down. He is getting further from a confirmation apperance, and i refuse to fatten him up just to stand still. He likes physical activities, more physical the better

Nahhh not at all. Since i have went to akc/ukc events i know where not to go if i were to pick another. They are in their own small community, and i like having a not so mainstream dog. I got luck with my pick of onyx, he has far exceeded my dream of a sbt. I am starting to learn how to channel him into a working direction, and he wants more and more every time he gets a new experience
I have yet to see a UKC conformation show in my area. :( I have been to a couple UKC agility events but didn't see any SBT's.

Do people look at you funny when you say he's not a pit bull?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks pretty good, have any plans or goals with weight?
He is enrolled in a RO built class. My shoulder has to recover first. After vac i am sitting in on sch class my trainer is apart of with our local wapbtc to get to know the couple that run the class. Onyx has been pulling weight with much excitement. I have to get him fitted again for a harness cause his head grew and dosent fit. I have alot of hopes for onyx, i just have to be trained first

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have yet to see a UKC conformation show in my area. :( I have been to a couple UKC agility events but didn't see any SBT's.

Do people look at you funny when you say he's not a pit bull?
For sure, i get that alot. Usually its "awee you get the runt of the litter?" i usually just laugh or tell them he is a great dane, hot dog mix

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Looking good, Jimmy!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
You know what? I really love this little guy.

I had never even seen a SBT before I went to the Premier show last month. I was able to talk to a breeder and play around with a couple of his SBTs he was showing.
And boy, what neat little dogs they are. Both my daughter and myself fell in love.:love:

Onyx seems a bit bigger that the ones we saw (just going by weight; hard to tell size in pics). Is he on the bigger side of the confirmation standards? Oh, never mind, I forgot, we were looking at females duh. LOL

I can totally see myself owning one of these dogs someday down the road.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Onyx is actualy on the smaller side, the show dogs are heavier and stockier. Onyx has more of a performance structure. I met the little guy in person and he is awesome :) def a tiny little stick of dynamite .

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Onyx is actualy on the smaller side, the show dogs are heavier and stockier. Onyx has more of a performance structure. I met the little guy in person and he is awesome :) def a tiny little stick of dynamite .
Yep, I see what you mean. I just saw a pic of Onyx in the structures/faults thread. He is an amazing looking dog!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Onyx is taller and is close in weight to the confirm dogs. But the confirm dogs being shorter they are wider and have a illusion bexaise they are shorter.

He is 15.5in and 36.5lbs the confirm dogs i know personally that my handler has titled out both are below 15in and weigh 34-37lbs. I dunno if that gives you a mental comparision. Onyx is a tight staffy, i feel more of a terrier type

My vet buddy has a pack of 6 sbt that are shorter and weigh the same he uses them to protect his 126acre farm. We played with all 7 dogs doing different routes his dogs he has them do i believe it was a 2hr run next to his atv. Then a fetch game, his pack just couldnt keep up with onyx. He was visably faster, played tug against multiple dogs and just drug them around. The best part is when his pack fell onyx was still climbing trees after squirrels and birds

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Jimmy, this is the guy's website I was talking to. What do you think about his dogs? He and his wife were super nice people and were very informative. They used to breed APBTs too, but now are strictly into SBTs.

Blessings Kennel

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ya dave ut me on his kennel. He won a huge show here in md the day i got onyx. That kennel iirc has some correct staffords. I tried to get a female but my wife wanted a boston terrier. Either blessing, sureshot and nevada were on my list

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.