Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
if someone is going to steal your dogs they do not have to be outside they will sneak in and take them. honestly imo there is no real way to keep them safe other then with you. simply enuf dont keep them outside you are just inviting people to take them i catch people in my yard all the time i assumed it was to take my little dogs(little mini pin)
but she has been returned and with my pits i worry more about them.

i think electrofying the fence and or barbwired or both:) plus shotgun security is my fav.
i have caught people in my yard "playing" with my dogs (i hated those neighbors) and promised them buckshot in the a$$ if they ever came near my place of residence or dogs again

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
If a person really wants your dogs and they are outside, then they will get them.
I have trained my dogs not to take food from anyone but us. That is a common way that people lure dogs to them. Put a light outside like a motion detectors and perhaps a camera on the yard, and advertise that you have it to deter people away. Best thing if you are really worried crate your dogs in the house at night and take them back out in the morning.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I bring most of my dogs in at night cause i don't trust any type of security even though my dogs are all out back and their is an electric fence between them and the outside world. some do stay outside at all times and its so quite here that if anything comes around they let me know. The ones i keep inside are the ones that would run and jump in the car of a stranger just cause they want to go for a ride. There is no real way to keep people from stealing your dogs the only thing that really helps me is that their is always somebody around between nate and I, his dad who lives next door, and his grandfather who lives on the other side. Everybody in this area watches out for each other and each other's property which is the best security you can have. Benefits of living in a rural country area.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I bring my dogs in at night also. During the day Tank is loose on the property and I pitty the poor person that dares come in my yard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my dog is my security system.but the bad thing if someone wants your dog bad enough they will get it.just like anything else.i had my rims stolen off my truck 2 years ago.I had 2 different lock lug nuts on it and they still got them.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
I also keep my dogs inside at night and when we aren't home. We have ADT for the dogs...LOL

When the dogs are out Zoe always carries her mace...LMAO

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
My dogs are never outside unless I am home, and awake. We have 7 foot wood fence all the way around with a 4 foot chain link gate 10 foot wide. The gates the only part we have to watch plus the dogs make you very aware if some one is their. We got Slim when we lived out on 300 acres so she isn't very socialized with people and makes sure they don't want to come near the yard.

·
Banned
2,128 Posts
LMAO @ roxy LOL! Grizz n Mav know about stranger danger LOL. They are very suspicious of things in there yard even if it's just a new toy. I fear for those who enter my yard. I keep my dogs in the house at night, they are very rarely left unattended during the day. My neighborhood has alot of old ladies peeking out the windows too so I feel pretty safe about my dogs security.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was at 8 dogs at one time, all setup in beautiful chain spots well cared for behind a 6 ft fence and theft was in the back of my mind all the time, all APBTs and their protector was and still is (I have only 2 dogs now) my lab. LOL, a lab that can walk through DA dog's chainspots and kick them out of their houses and eat your hand off. Had only one bulldog ever get into with her, she is the ruler of the house. Dog is so smart she should be human seriousily. Their is a Jedi mind trick in dogs, seriousily there is (not exactly but close) and the force was very strong in this one. 11 years and still kicking hard. The best protector for a dog is a dog, IMO.

I was looking at cameras that played real time about a 10 sec. delay, about $1500 for one and you can hook it into your internet and watch them at work, I was really wanting to do that but money got tight with the economy.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
I, at one point bought a bandogge to protect my pits. Sounds funny but thats what I had to do. Someone stole one of my red dogs once, he was a pisser, my guess is that he peed in their car and they dumped him on the freeway MILES from my house.... he had a chip, so I got him back pretty quick.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Yeah we are looking to get a GSD right now for a guard dog.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I, at one point bought a bandogge to protect my pits. Sounds funny but thats what I had to do. Someone stole one of my red dogs once, he was a pisser, my guess is that he peed in their car and they dumped him on the freeway MILES from my house.... he had a chip, so I got him back pretty quick.
lol that is halarious!

·
Registered
163 Posts
My dog goes outside when he has to use the restroom (which I am always in my room and I have a huge window that just so happens to have a wonderful view of my back yard) and he plays and what not. However if someone dares to step foot in my yard or near my yard I'm going to know right away cause he will let me know. He is most certainly an inside dog at night. Even when he is inside and something doesn't sound right he will still let me know and I will go take a look to see what is going on. I'm not to worried about someone taking him, he within himself is my little alarm system.lol and he is still a pup.

·
Inactive Member!
531 Posts
Mabel protects us and our yard. There is no amount of food or toys or anything that will make this dog someone's friend. She is a Fila.

Stephanie

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
get a dobe....they are badass gaurd dogs. thats one breed i would avoid if i saw one in a yard
Yeah we had one, Ammo. But he passed away last year. Probably get a cane corso. I have always fancied them, as well as beaucerons. Perhaps an ovcharka?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts