Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a video my cousin took the morning after the storm came through. Several of my cousins, uncles, good friends and fellow dogmen came out to help. This is only a couple miles from our house in Apison/Ooltewah/Ringgold area where a ef4 came through. Many of our friends lost their homes, vehicles, family members and friends. Please pray for everyone and help out where you can.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I am so sorry for all those who have families or loved ones involved in all this.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
sorry guys... It got pretty bad up here but luckily we had nowhere near that much damage.. Well be praying for everyone involved.. Hopefull these storms are over

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yall be careful and hang in there.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Hey Willie, are you all ok? We came out on top so thats good. I was actually working at the firehall that day, and about 830 am the first one touched down in Tiftonia. From there on out, we were behind the 8ball chaisng the damage the storms created. We ran all day and all night, checking crushed houses and cars for people.

We actually sent a crew from my station to Ringgold that night. Today I was in Ringgold working and man they got leveled. I was also in Apison and it got destroyed. Not 5 miles from my house is where the majority of the fatalaties in Bradley County happened. There is a whole subdivision, 50+houses, completely gone just 4 miles from me.

It was amazing how much damage happened so fast, there were over 20 tornados they said!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Hey Willie, are you all ok? We came out on top so thats good. I was actually working at the firehall that day, and about 830 am the first one touched down in Tiftonia. From there on out, we were behind the 8ball chaisng the damage the storms created. We ran all day and all night, checking crushed houses and cars for people.

We actually sent a crew from my station to Ringgold that night. Today I was in Ringgold working and man they got leveled. I was also in Apison and it got destroyed. Not 5 miles from my house is where the majority of the fatalaties in Bradley County happened. There is a whole subdivision, 50+houses, completely gone just 4 miles from me.

It was amazing how much damage happened so fast, there were over 20 tornados they said!
Yeah I posted some pics from Ringgold in my Da#$ storms thread. Thought Rock Creek was no longer on here

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeah, we're all fine. My cousins house & neighbors house got trees dropped on them and 5 of my friends places got totally wiped out. They all made it out except for one longtime friend, both his grandparents, & his uncle didnt survive.

I was outside lettering a trailer when the first tornado came in out of nowhere. Then made it home about an hour before the real bad ones came in.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I posted some pics from Ringgold in my Da#$ storms thread. Thought Rock Creek was no longer on here
Still around. Just dont get time to post a whole lot. We moved from Ringgold to Ooltewah almost 3 years ago.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i can NOT imagine losing everything. i know people down there who did. we were close to the storms that day too. im just right up interstate 24 a little ways from there. we still have some flooding bc the army corps of engineers havent opened the dams.. nothing like the flooding of may 2010. it was a really close call good friday 2009. tornadoes are nothing to take lightly. my husband keeps saying he wants to get one of those storm shelters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts