Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has had an odd little mark on his stomach that I feel has gotten more red it looks like its chaffed a little but I'm not sure here are some pics

·
Registered
520 Posts
Kinda of hard to see in the pictures, what does he sleep on, have you given him a bath in the last few days, when did you notice it? Its best to take him to the vet if he has had it for a few days that's the best advice I can give you.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
wow! i thought kenya was the only one.. well when she was younger she would get it all the time on her belly and inbetween her thighs and tummy. i figured it was becuz she started going outside and playing rough with chyna (wrestling and rolling in the grass or dirt) she used to get them REAL bad they kida look like a rug burn. she doesnt get them anymore. I think its equivelant to a kid scraping their knee. just clean it with peroxide and put some nerosporian and ur pup will be fine :)

·
The Blue Razor
968 Posts
My boy had the same thing when we first brought him home, looked kinda like a rash to me.But i did clean it with peroxide and put some nerosporian on it for a couple days and went away.I dont think its anything to really get to worried about, just keep an eye on it. But if it will make you feel better, just give the vet a call and see what they say.Great advise Lil Locz, its exactly what i did and it worked.

·
Banned
2,128 Posts
could have an allergy to the food or grass but it might be nothing. Food allergies are trial and error with different food. Allergy tests can get pricey. My pup army crawls everywhere so he get rashes sometimes

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
food allergies effect the head (ears,throat, and snout) and the feat first. It looks to me like an enviornmental irritation... try giving your pup a bath with some plain ol dish soap without any dyes or scents. Also wash his/her bedding (bleach and nothing else).... How long have you had your pup? How long have you noticed the irritation? Does he/she seem to be bothered by the affected area?

·
Banned
139 Posts
baby shampoo worked for my dog she had that alot with the grass when i brought her home and moved to a new state.what does your dog sleep on?

if i use anything other then cotton or something soft her tummy seems to look raw. like someone else said bathe the pup with a very mild soap i like tear free baby shampoo the gentlist stuff you can get or mild anti bacterial soap soft fur and they smell good for a long time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts