Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about this and decided to post on it. Helena has mounted and tried to hump my 5 year old nephew on a few occasions. Now everyone in the room thought it was really hilarious.. I am actually laughing now thinking about it. BUT I know it is a sign of dominance so of course I did not let it continue and I told her no.The strange thing is Helena has never tried to hump anything or anyone not even another dog. She has only tried to do it to this kid. And she has been around several other kids male and female... Do you think he put off some sort of scent or something? Just odd to me.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
lol poor kid , maybe she just felt like he was beneath her level and was tryna put him in place since she probably knows better then to try this with you or your son. I havent had any of my dogs try that with anyone YET lol, but when the girls are in heat or comming into heat they go at eachother allllllll day long its so gross lol.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Meg, your nephew could have been giving off certain pheromones that peaked Helena's interest, or it could have been a dominance issue.

Do you know what kind of soap/lotion/shampoo products are used on him? That could have had a factor in it. Wish I could help you answer this question definitively but I honestly don't know any more than, at best, a guess at one or the other.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol poor kid , maybe she just felt like he was beneath her level and was tryna put him in place since she probably knows better then to try this with you or your son. I havent had any of my dogs try that with anyone YET lol, but when the girls are in heat or comming into heat they go at eachother allllllll day long its so gross lol.
His little sister and brother are ages 3 and 1.. and his older sister is 8. So I don't know why she never tried to do it to them.

Bev, I don't know what type of soap/shampoo he uses. He spends so much time rolling in the dirt, she was probably turned on by that.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Children are not dominant with dogs, dogs see them different than an adult. Not all dogs but some dogs will want to assert dominance over the little people. Vixen will do the same thing and we were all cracking up on 4th of July when she mounted my nephew. What made us laugh so hard we could barley move was what my nephew said, "Doggie wants a piggy back ride" OMG we were rolling!!
Vixen will do this at any time with children and has even tried with Justin. She is under supervision around any child and is corrected for the thought of it. She would hurt a child not on purpose but could scratch them up and needs to be watched.

I suggest you do the same with Helena and make sure to watch her with Zachary, not that she would mean him harm but could rough him up a bit of she wanted to hump him. It may not be an issue with your child it could just be with others.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Children are not dominant with dogs, dogs see them different than an adult. Not all dogs but some dogs will want to assert dominance over the little people. Vixen will do the same thing and we were all cracking up on 4th of July when she mounted my nephew. What made us laugh so hard we could barley move was what my nephew said, "Doggie wants a piggy back ride" OMG we were rolling!!
Vixen will do this at any time with children and has even tried with Justin. She is under supervision around any child and is corrected for the thought of it. She would hurt a child not on purpose but could scratch them up and needs to be watched.

I suggest you do the same with Helena and make sure to watch her with Zachary, not that she would mean him harm but could rough him up a bit of she wanted to hump him. It may not be an issue with your child it could just be with others.
lol That story was hilarious. And yes, I always watch them close. They are becoming quite the pals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts