Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone! nice website! packed with helpful info. but im in need of some advice. ill give as much detail as possible. I acquired a 7 month old pitbull from a friend. It doesnt sound like she's been crate trained at all, but thats the only way i do things in my house. The dog is very clingy, following room to room, whinings and yips when we leave the house. its worse when she's in her kennel. every time we leave with her in the kennel, she poops in it. the kennel was just a hair too big for her, so last night, i put a five gallon bucket in with her to take up some room, and probably made it a bit too cramped(we were only gonna be gone for an hour). she pooped and vomited in it. so i came home, and left again, this time lettign her roam the house, and we came back to poop and puke again. the kicker is, shes in her kennel all night while we sleep and she doesnt have a problem. i cant come home to poop and or vomit every time i leave. any advice? i consider the dog food switch, but i did it gradually and the drops arent runny. she has fleas, which we are taking care of successfully, the only determining factor seems to be us leaving. any help would be appreciated. sorry so long, didnt want to leave room for speculation.

3,968 Posts
i would take her to the vet. i never heard of a dog vomiting because of seperation anxiety. maybe she is eating something bad for her when you leave. usually signs of seperation anxiety are nieghbors complaining about too much crying or barking. and the house is a disaster when you get home. maybe even a more suttle disatser like tearing pillows and paper up. im assuming if a dog had anxiety to the point where it was vomiting then there would be a lot more to come home to them just vomit and crap. i like to keep a specific potty schedual for puppies this way once they get used to the schedual it is easy to see if something irregular is going on with thier bathroom habbits. but sounds like you need to see a vet first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts