Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
recorded it and just finished watching it.
i have mixed feelings about the program. but overall my philosophy on breeding is changing. i really don't think responsible breeding is possible. more specifically, it's a pipedream to think humans can practice responsibility in any area not mandated by law. especially in America. we eat like crap. we don't wear condoms. we max out our credit cards. as much as i hate the government telling me what to do (like wear my seatbelt and stop texting on the road) i would welcome the regulation of dog breeding. licensed breeding and registered pets is another impractical idea. but i don't see the conscience of people fixing this problem.
throughout the entire show i was cringing every time a car came down the street. and i became more and more upset as the show went on.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I agree, I had to stop and didn't watch part 2. I was so scared for those dogs the entire time!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
recorded it and just finished watching it.
i have mixed feelings about the program. but overall my philosophy on breeding is changing. i really don't think responsible breeding is possible. more specifically, it's a pipedream to think humans can practice responsibility in any area not mandated by law. especially in America. we eat like crap. we don't wear condoms. we max out our credit cards. as much as i hate the government telling me what to do (like wear my seatbelt and stop texting on the road) i would welcome the regulation of dog breeding. licensed breeding and registered pets is another impractical idea. but i don't see the conscience of people fixing this problem.
throughout the entire show i was cringing every time a car came down the street. and i became more and more upset as the show went on.
:goodpost: I agree with you on everything except the texting while driving. I'm glad laws have passed trying to stop that from taking place. As a mother I don't appreciate the fact that people threaten my life or my childs doing something stupid and unnecessary while behind the wheel of a car ;). However, ignorant morons are always going to be apart of life and I don't think animal Overpopulation will ever diminish because of it.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
i'm SO not arguing. just sharing my thoughts on government regulation. hopefully i don't offend anyone.
is texting behind the wheel dangerous? yes.
does it put lives at risk? yes.
do i need the government to use my tax dollars to create legislation that prohibits this? no.
why can i still use my ipod while i drive? and my GPS?
why can the woman in front of me during rush hour still plaster her face with makeup?
why can the guy behind me still hold a breakfast burrito in one hand and hot sauce in the other? (mmmm that sounds so good right now)
our country has 3x the number of STD related deaths as other industrialized nations but going bareback hasn't been outlawed.
social awareness campaigns and education are what's needed. not laws for eeeevery little thing. i understand when the parent of a lost child has strong feelings and wants policies in place. i understand when accidents take away the people we love.
but i don't want the government to pervade every aspect of my life and mandate things that sensible people practice already. we gotta draw the line somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
... except BYBs ... screw those guys. MAKE A LAW! ahahaa

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
... except BYBs ... screw those guys. MAKE A LAW! ahahaa
Yeah, I see where you are coming from and I agree on most of what you are saying ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww this is soo sad I have never in my life seen anything like this. We dont have packs of wild stray dogs wandering around. We hear of stray dogs and people rally around to catch them. thats crazy how it is there. Those pup in the street how scary. I dont think this comes down to spay neuter though I think you can have intact dogs and not have issues it comes to responsible ownership plain and simple. with that comes responsible breeding practices , sad that anyone can go get a dog and then when done with it just set it free into the world to fend for itself. There should be laws to protect those dogs and make people think twice about getting a pet , it isnt for a month or year it should be for life. People cant have babys then decide they dont want them 3 years later { well atelast not without consequences and lengthy processing} it should be the same with pets. { I know alot will say its so different then a child and I know that my kids come before any dogs, but its a life a living being who should be treated as such.} What happens to those street dogs if caught? im assuming they arent very friendly never having being socialized as out loving pets are and probably very fearful, is there any happy endings for them or they usually euthanized? Sorry we didnt get this show up here so this 2 minutes was all I seen :(

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
i think the show claimed 30 thousand stray dogs in LA???
that seems high to me. i live in LA too. we have about 7000 miles of surface streets here. that would mean there are 4 dogs on every mile of street. i know the problem is serious but that's hard to believe. i've never seen that. and i've only seen a "pack" of 3 or 4 dogs once in all my years of living here.
whatever the number is, it's too high. but nothing will change unless we really crack down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts