Go Pitbull Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually, you can. Try this, lift both legs by the base part, so the legs get bent then put it down while it is still bent, hold him down by the base of the tail so he can't lift his ass up, hold it for a few seconds then give him a treat. Do this frequently, increasing the time every time you do it. Eventually he'll get used to it. Flirt pole helps too.

Another trick for those with roach back, it won't correct it 100% but will improve it. Lift his chest then make him hold it up then give a treat, also supplement with calcium. I'll post a pic of my dog before I did those.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That's just temporarily changing a dog's posture. You can't change a dog's internal bone structure. Depending on the way they stand, those faults can be made to look slightly less severe, but it doesn't fix them. He'll always be straight in the rear, and dogs with a roached spine will continue to be roached.

I wouldn't say he lacks breed type. Given he only just turned 1 year, I think he'll continue to fill out, and should mature into a decent looking boy! ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here's a pic of him when he was younger, now I don't know if it's just that weird uneven growth spurt he's going through but i tried to correct that as much as possible, I was thinking of a person's posture and tried to do that on the dog.

At 1 year old, he's still going through weird phases, when he was 8months old he had a huge head and average sized body, now at 1 year old his body suddenly got so big leaving the head behind, hopefully the head catches up again. I got not pic of the "corrected" stifles and roach back though.

By the way he's a little fat right now since he stopped growing taller and is still being fed the same amount of food, 1kg of meat per day, now I told them to lower it a bit, he has everyday exercise though.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
He's an american bully, I'm improving his stifles, it's just that he's not with me right now, but his stifles has improved since before since they were super straight, they shoot his ass right up in the air.

His peds by the way, been told it's a slow popping blood, I hope it is.
The Bully Tunnel Magazine Pedigree
You can't improve stifles. If a dog lacks turn in stifle it will always lack it.Nothing magically grows or turns as they get older. The stifle is equivalent to the human knee and it plays a major role in rear angulation in these dogs.

That's just temporarily changing a dog's posture. You can't change a dog's internal bone structure. Depending on the way they stand, those faults can be made to look slightly less severe, but it doesn't fix them. He'll always be straight in the rear, and dogs with a roached spine will continue to be roached.

I wouldn't say he lacks breed type. Given he only just turned 1 year, I think he'll continue to fill out, and should mature into a decent looking boy! ;)
No, he doesn't necessarily lack breed type; however, it is evident he will be a Classic dog given his bone and substance, and overall structure. I will not attempt to break down the dog as those are poor quality pics to assess. I am not impressed with his front assembly from what I could see and he definitely needs more turn in stifle.

Here's a pic of him when he was younger, now I don't know if it's just that weird uneven growth spurt he's going through but i tried to correct that as much as possible, I was thinking of a person's posture and tried to do that on the dog.

At 1 year old, he's still going through weird phases, when he was 8months old he had a huge head and average sized body, now at 1 year old his body suddenly got so big leaving the head behind, hopefully the head catches up again. I got not pic of the "corrected" stifles and roach back though.

By the way he's a little fat right now since he stopped growing taller and is still being fed the same amount of food, 1kg of meat per day, now I told them to lower it a bit, he has everyday exercise though.
I honestly think he needs more weight on him. He is a bully, although Classic, but he shouldn't be looking pit bull either. I'd put another 4 or 5lbs on him, especially this time of year.

If you take a proper front and side stacked shot for me I'll see if I can help anymore but you can't see much in those pictures.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Hey guys! Its been a while. I had been really busy and only had the time to stack him yesterday. It was 4 months since we had this practice session. So bear with us.

Anyway, how is my boy growing up? Can you judge his angulation and confirmity? Based on the ABKC and UKC standard. And which category fits him best or I mean showcase his structure. Classic Bully? Standard Bully? TIA for the inputs! :) Feel free to criticize, be it negative or positive. :)

Overall he is a nice dog. Definitely a Classic based on his frame and even that might be tough for him given his head and his muzzle is snipey but it would have to depend on the competition that day. His neck is a little long.... He appears to have a nice front assembly, nice feet, could use a little more turn to stifle..... I will look more in detail tomorrow when I put my contacts in because I'm squinting and struggling right now lol
Thanks for posting a stacked picture. As for UKC standard you should post this pic in the General Forum under a similar thread that saiys Examples: Structures and Faults.

What's the ped on this dog and are you planning on showing him ABKC?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. :)

I agree that his muzzle is a bit snipey but it will probably boil down on the competition on the show. I've seen similar muzzles though on Classic and Standard Bully. Anyway, does the muzzle weigh much in shows or is it only sometimes made as a last resort if the competition is really stiff? He won Best Male Puppy Bully when he was 6 months old on a fun match and planning to join him on an ABKC sanctioned show this April. That's why I'm asking you guys if his okay with ABKC. From what I have seen, its way different from fun matches.

Hehe. I stacked him properly though the angle of the picture taken was a bit slant.

He is born and raised in the Philippines. He is the product of HHK Riddick x DRK Baba.

Sire: HHK Riddick (UKC registered) - BullyPedia|The American Bully Online Pedigree Database

Dam: DRK Baba's peds unfortunately isn't available online as she wasn't registered by the owner. But got good pedigrees on her.

Picture of the sire (tri-color) and dam (white and brown)

The head will play part in it depending on the judge and the competition. My Classic Champion doesn't have the bulliest blocky head so there are some judges i would never show him under. All you can do is bring him out and see how it goes. What show are you planning on attending in April? Are you in the Philippines?

His parents are definitely both classics but the sire has a nice ped.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Well, that probably sums everything up. I will show him and see how it goes. What the judges will say on him is crucial as it will be my guideline on what we lack and what we need to improve.

As far as what I have heard with some of my bully owner friends, its an NPTC - PBL sanctioned show. NPTC means National Pitbull Terrier Club and PBL means Philippine Bully Club. It is I think a show where it is recognized by ABKC? I'm not that really sure. And big names from ABKC went to Manila.

Yes. We both are in the Philippines. :)
Good luck hon we're coming ABKC strong over there

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

101 - 107 of 107 Posts