Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my dog Petie for about 5 years, he has always had some issues with being stubborn but it seems like he's getting worse and I don't know what to do about it, he's 8 now, he doesn't come when you call him he just does whatever he wants.
Last year we had 2 other dogs, boxers, we rescued all of our dogs, Tyson was 14, passed away in aug 2016, then this aug we lost our dear Bruno suddenly, now its just Pete, I feel so bad he lost his brothers.
A couple of weeks ago we rescued a 4 year old pit, very mellow got along ok, we had him for a week and the new dog ended up biting my husband, we had to give him back. Its been a crazy month.
Petie has some arthritis and just lays down a lot, lately he cant climb up our steps but other times he can do it on his own, also when we have him outside and were ready to come back in, 99% of the time he gives us a hard time, he lays down on his side, then you pick him up and he drops again, it is so hard to get him to come back in, stubborn as a mule!!, its very frustrating.
Goes behind the rose bushes, starts digging in the mulch and I cant get him out of there.
I'm sure he's also depressed .
Does anybody else have this problem, is it a bully trait?
I've had 3 other dogs (Boxers and Bulldog) before and never experience this problem, we are very good a training our dogs, they didn't even need to be on a leash, they never left the property, pete on the other hand will sometime get out of the back yard.
Can anybody help me?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dog park? Walks where he might get to see other dogs? My old girl gets real picky with her food and lays around waiting to die if she doesn't get interaction with other dogs. Do you have a friend with a dog that would let you two visit occasionally?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts